A fast pace manufacturing company in South County San Diego is seeking a Payroll Specialist t to join their team on a temp to hire basis. Seeking a candidate who needs little to no training and is well versed in all HR functions in California and able to start immediately and hit the ground running. Ideal candidate will have manufacturing/distribution industry experience. This role is working with an EXTREMELY fast pace company, this candidate must be able to work quickly and efficiently. Candidate must be thick skinned and able to work in an environment where no process or procedures are in place and need to help create and streamline processes.
Position: Payroll Specialist
• Review, enter, and post timesheets and substitute timesheets in payroll module
• Generate and review payroll reports
• Prepare accurate and timely payroll adjustments
• Process, post, print, assemble and mail weekly payroll checks, direct deposit notifications, and off-cycle payroll checks
• Prepare weekly direct deposit file and transmit to bank for processing
• Generate Federal and State tax contribution reports
• Update notes to employee records in Viewpoint
• Issue stop payments, void payroll checks, and reissue payroll checks when required
• Prepare Certified Payroll Reports and other payroll related documents and reports
• Process direct deposit enrollments, IRS Form W-4 withholding settings, employee salary/fringe/deduction requests/terminations etc.
• Generate and post monthly payroll accruals
• Prepare check request forms for employee per diem, wage garnishments, child support, IRS tax levies, other Federal and State earnings withholding orders/notices for the weekly accounts payable check run
• Reconcile monthly employee deductions for union dues, complete monthly union dues filings, and prepare check request forms as needed for accounts payable processing
• Prepare IRS Form W-2’s annually
• Other duties as required
• 3+ Proven payroll experience
• Bachelors degree in a related field
• Certified payroll experience is highly preferred
• Must have high attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers