compensation: BASED ON EXPERIENCE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Western Fire Protection, Inc. is a fire sprinkler contracting company located in San Diego and has been in operation since 1989. We specialize in the design, installation, service and inspection of automatic fire sprinkler systems in many applications, specifically multi-family residential, large warehouses and distribution centers, industrial buildings, medical facilities, education facilities and all types of commercial buildings. Our area of work includes Southern California and other western states.
Eligible for medical & dental insurance coverage on the first day of the month after the first 90 days of full time employment. Eligible for 401k benefits after the first year of full time employment and must be 21 years of age.
Plans, coordinates, and handles all aspects of the technical design for each project which have been assigned. Initiates and maintains a working relationship with members of the project design team. Reports significant problems or discrepancies to Chief Estimator and/or Management.
- Design and draft fire protection systems in accordance with all applicable codes within the scope of the contract. While conforming piping arrangements to meet standard product or materials usage as well as the most efficient installation, fabrication, and stock-listing techniques.
- Review project plans/documents and collect all of the facts
- Oversee design techniques, as assigned, to assist with block out and the layout for projects
- Calculate system piping for pipe sizing
- Complete system details and notes. Make sure all standard details used are job specific
- Prepare stock-list in standard Western Fire Protection, Inc. Format
- Stock-list or supervise the stock listing of the job
- Experience with HydraCAD and HydraLIST
- Ability to learn new software
- Represent Western Fire Protection, Inc. in matter of project coordination, initial scheduling, Change requests, and Technical assistance.
- Field check the construction as required
- Handle field questions, which are directed toward the project
- Communicate any and all correspondence on the project schedule or manpower requests to field superintendant.
- Obtain all necessary approvals and reviews of the project design submittal. Represent Western Fire Protection, Inc. in matters regarding plan check comments.
- Maintain organized records of each active project in which involved
- Maintain engineering folder for the project
- Handle or supervise putting "Close Out" documentation together
- Assist Estimating and other Design staff with technical interpretations as need arises
- Promote a team environment, assisting other project designers with questions
- Assist in research of new product uses.
- High School Diploma
- Pursuing AA or AS Degree
***PLEASE SEND RESUME ONLY ONCE***
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers