Position Title: Senior Research Associate, Full Time Location: San Diego, California
Position Summary: We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated candidate with strong work ethics for the position of senior research associate to assist in development and validation of microfluidic chips and processes for analysis of circulating tumor cells (CTC) in test and clinical samples. Specific histology experience desired.
Job description: The SRA will be responsible for working with various cell lines to identify, capture, stain and characterize for use on slide and microfluidic chips. The SRA will work with researchers on a dynamic basis with an ability to work independently. This person will also participate in execution and optimization of current protocols for cell staining. The SRA will aid the other company functions including microfluidic chip testing and experimental analysis. The successful candidate must be willing to take on new job related responsibilities and vary work schedule to accommodate company needs and may require occasional long work days.
• Scientific background in tumor biology, hematology or immuno-oncology
• Experience with immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence microscopy
• Prepare slides using Cytospin and scan slide using fluorescence microscopy
• Analyze images using fluorescence microscopy software
• Assist senior scientists with assay tech transfer
• Organize, compile results and assist senior scientists with data analysis and reporting
• Comfortable working with human blood
• Demonstrated experience in all aspects of histology and enthusiasm performing this work
• Demonstrated capability in troubleshooting and analyzing IHC/IF experiments
• Preferred Qualifications:
o Prior industry experience in histology and assay development is a strong plus
o BS or MS in Biological or Bioengineering sciences
o 3+ years of industry experience
• Previous experience with human blood or CTC isolation is a plus
• Must display strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to details
• Outstanding written and verbal skills required. The candidate is required to keep detailed records of experiments and prepare presentations on a regular basis.
• Highly self-motivated and detailed team player
Compensation: Dependent upon qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package.
To Apply: If you are interested in being part of building the next generation diagnostic technology that will impact the well-being of millions of people, please send your CV and a letter stating your interests. Please put the job reference code Senior Research Associate 2018020801 in the subject line of the email.
BioFluidica is an early stage diagnostic company that has developed a revolutionary technology platform to detect circulating biomarkers in blood samples to diagnose cancer with unprecedented precision and accuracy. This technology was clinically validated and is moving into the commercial development phase. We offer career opportunities for growth, learning and the satisfaction in a working environment that supports discovery and encourages collaboration. We are seeking talented, passionate professionals who thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, cutting-edge biotechnology environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers