QR Code Link to This Post
ProTec is a construction and maintenance company that specializes in servicing Home Owners Association. We currently have 9 offices, over 400 employees and are expanding to new markets each year. We are currently seeking an energetic individual with a good attitude, sense of humor, ability to work well with a variety of personalities, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to join our company as the IT Help Desk Technician. Our ideal team mate will be an organized individual who can be helpful in multiple areas of the company, and who wants to learn and grow. We are looking for a “take charge” type of person who can grow with our company and doesn’t want to be bored.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
In this position you will work with our office and field staff to address routine IT issues. Our employees have a wide range of computer abilities so we are looking for someone who can be patient with co-workers who are not highly literate with computers or smart phones. Our need is for a near entry level person with some experience setting up computers, installing printers, resolving basic software/hardware issues, minor networking knowledge, setting up smart phones for field technicians and the ability to tackle routine tasks. This position will be located in our Vista office but training will be conducted in our corporate office near Poway. Typical hours for this position are 7 am – 4 pm, Monday-Friday. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor help desk system for incoming requests and resolve or escalate accordingly
- Troubleshoot desktop, laptop, printer, hardware, software and other peripheral device issues
- Fully document all steps and communication for each issue
- Document processes and procedures
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install and support core software applications such as VMWare, Microsoft Office, and SQL based software.
- Setting up accounts for new user
- Configure and Deploy hardware such as PCs, Smartphones, Tablets.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- At least 1-3 years of experience in network/systems Help Desk role or equivalent education.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and solve complex problems independently and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills.
- Proficient in Windows PC and printer administration and maintenance, strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and Office suites, and basic network and security fundamentals.
- Ability to patiently interact, teach, and communicate effectively regarding system and data needs with diverse users having a wide range of computer and analytical skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed (emergencies do happen on the weekends occasionally)
- Willingness to travel to our LA, Orange County and Murrieta offices.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired
- Experience with Sage 100, Drupal or Sharepoint would be a plus!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting pay $15.00 to $22.00 /hour (DOE)
- Full time permanent work with no seasonal fluctuations
- Paid Mileage (veteran employees get gas cards and company vehicles)
- Paid time off – 5 days of PTO from year 1-5 and then 10 days PTO after 6 years
- Paid Holidays
- Paid medical (70% employer paid/30% employee paid; dependents 30% employer paid)
- Cafeteria Plan: Dental and Vision
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Educational reimbursements and professional development
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
Please send a resume or visit our website at www.protec.com to complete an application. Pre-employment criminal background checks, motor vehicle reports and physicals will be conducted.
Thank you for your interest in joining our company!