compensation: $15-18 per hour based on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a Wireless Communication Device company with diversified product lines. This IT Lab Technician will be in an active and diverse environment, wearing multiple hats and will be required to have a working knowledge of several departments and areas of business.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
* The position will provide technical service & support for a range of wireless type data products that include both cellular and GPS.
* Prepare GPS & Cellular Devices for shipment to end customer (Loading Configuration Files, Updating Device Firmware, etc.)
* Assign devices purchased by customer into their account from within a device management application
* Assist in the inbound and outbound shipments to and from customers
* Data Entry into Wireless Carrier Web Portals for Device Activation
* Conformable with using various software tools and hardware to perform tasks
* Individual should be able to multitask and perform with time constraints
* Strong focus and attention to detail is required due to repeated task and/or multiple task being performed
* Ability to be flexible in participating in special projects and duties as assigned.
* Ability to be a self-start and learn various software tools required to perform various assigned task
* Daily assist with Shipping/Receiving
* Responsibilities may include providing technical support via phone and email with supervision and sales support, identifying completion/due dates on orders
Education and Experiences:
* Prefer Associate Degree in Science in Information Sciences and Technology or Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Technical hands-on experience is preferred but proven learning acuity will be considered.
* Ideal candidate will have had customer support experience with wireless data products, as well as computer networking and software tool support
* Wireless Communication experience is a HUGE plus
* Shipping/Receiving and Inventory experience is beneficial
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Understanding of GPS systems & devices
* HyperTerminal (Serial Communications Software or equivalent) for PC to device communication for file upload/configuration
* Knows how to operate bench DS voltage power supplies
* Knows how to solder and operate a soldering gun
* Knowledgeable in the following OS: Windows
* General MS office (Excel & Word) knowledge
Must be responsible, reliable, and dependable. This fast-paced work environment will require a very detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers