Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Boys & Girls Club Site Director will be responsible for maintaining the coordination, implementation and administration of all enrichment/academic programs for youth ages 5 to 18 - including program development and management, carrying forth prudent fiscal management, participation in staff development, and offsite collaborations.
QR Code Link to This Post
S/he will provide a safe, nurturing, well-supervised after school enrichment program; be the liaison with parents, collaborators, school management, donors and visitors to display the site and the program positively. This position is responsible for planning and preparation of the creative, fun learning environment, establishment of interest centers, and preparation of needed materials and supplies. This position will be responsible for local community outreach to youth and families. In addition, the Site Director is responsible for the collection of program data, providing reports for contract and grant compliance and assisting with administrative support and increasing membership base.
* BA/BS required and 2 years' experience implementing youth enrichment programs
* Ability to speak and write Standard English in a public school setting
* Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
* Must pass LiveScan (criminal background check via fingerprinting), LexisNexus background verification, TB test, and pre-employment drug test
* First Aid and CPR certification
* At least 2-3 years' experience working with a group of members in a classroom, after school, or recreation environment
* At least 2-3 years' experience supervising and management of staff
* Advanced Math and English skills (K-8)
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be technology savvy and have strong computer skills
* Possess current California driver's license and current automobile insurance
Must be able to work Monday through Friday and have reliable transportation. 25-29 hours per week. $14-18/hour DOE.
The Club is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. Club policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
The Club is committed to providing equal opportunities and complying with applicable laws. This commitment applies to everyone involved in the operations of the Club. We are committed to preventing and correcting unlawful discrimination by any employee, supervisor, co-worker, client or customer or anyone else you may encounter in the course of your work.
Please send resumes attention: Hillary Adams, Director of Operations