Would you like to work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of youth throughout North County?
Do you have a winning personality, a smile in your voice, and amazing customer service skills?
Do you have a desire to give back in your community?
The Boys & Girls Club of Oceanside seeks a part-time Member Services Specialist to provide regular clerical and administrative support to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside, to our Chief Executive Officer and to other Club senior staff, as necessary. Ideal candidate will be flexible, able to train on-the-job, possess stellar customer service skills, competency in all Microsoft office applications, a desire to fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside, and the uncanny ability to prioritize projects while multi-tasking throughout the day!
The Member Service Specialist will be responsible for maintaining all BGCO membership applications and payments, for updating/maintaining Club schedule and calendar of events (updating multiple on-line sites and internal calendars as needed), answers telephones, works directly with parents and members who enter the Clubs, receives and reconciles payments through our Point of Sale system, and maintains electronic and hard copy files.
As the first "face of the Boys & Girls Club," this position will be vital to the success of our Boys & Girls Clubs experience and is an opportunity to grow within our organization.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• One year of office clerical experience with specific customer service orientation
• Training in secretarial skills and use of common office equipment
• Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, desktop publishing, common computer applications, Outlook email, and on-line web applications with demonstrated success in delivering information and services
• Able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in clear, concise terms while maintaining sensitivity to nature of BGCO operations
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Preference will be offered to applicants that have bilingual, Spanish speaking skills.
Hours offered will vary - Monday through Friday.
The Club is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. Club policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
The Club is committed to providing equal opportunities and complying with applicable laws. This commitment applies to everyone involved in the operations of the Club. We are committed to preventing and correcting unlawful discrimination by any employee, supervisor, co-worker, client or customer or anyone else you may encounter in the course of your work.
Please send resume for consideration to Hillary Adams, Director of Operations, HAdams@BGCOceanside.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers