Active, growing estate planning and trust administration practice with in Solana Beach seeks an experienced paralegal with at least three years of recent work experience in a law firm. We seek a long-term addition to our team to be an important role in our continued growth.
QR Code Link to This Post
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a paralegal in a litigation firm.
* Solid understanding litigation issues, legal terminology, and legal processes.
* Familiar with state court rules, local rules, e-filing, and court procedures.
* Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Adobe in a Mac environment.
* Excellent organizational skills are critical. The right candidate must have the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints, with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Strong research, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with diverse attorneys, staff, and clients. Must possess the ability to provide information with courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality.
* Excellent grammar, proofreading, and English composition skills are also essential.
* Must be enthusiastic, articulate, a quick-study, friendly, dependable, punctual, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* 60+ WPM typing.
* BA/BS degree and paralegal certificate are required.
* Create and organize electronic files
* Create and organize paper client files
* Scan in and properly organize and name file documents
* Manage and maintain office calendar
* Calendar hearings, depositions, appointments, and mediations
* Process incoming mail and mail outgoing correspondence
* Draft and format, edit and proofread documents with attention to detail.
* Prepare and serve subpoenas; arrange for court reporters/video technicians.
* Preparation and submission of new client and/or new matter forms.
* Assist in law and motion practice, including preparation of notices, declarations, discovery responses, and trial notebook preparations.
* Prepare correspondence.
* Communicate with clients as needed.
* File organization and maintenance within Firm standards. Prepare files for storage or return to client.
* Our office has a friendly, collaborative work environment. The right addition to our team will be a skilled multi-tasker with a great attention to detail. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with us.
Salary commensurate to experience. We offer competitive benefits including health insurance, dental, 401k, etc.