compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Established trust and estate planning practice in Pacific Beach seeking a legal secretary with at least two years of recent experience working in a law firm. We are seeking a long-term addition to our team to be an important role in our future growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 1 years of recent experience as a legal secretary in a law firm.
• Solid understanding of estate planning issues, litigation issues, legal terminology and legal processes.
• Familiar with state court rules, local rules, e-filing, and court procedures.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Adobe in a Mac environment.
• Excellent organizational skills are critical. The right candidate must have the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints, with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Strong research, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with diverse attorneys, staff, and clients. Must possess the ability to provide information with courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality.
• Excellent grammar, proofreading, and English composition skills are also essential.
• Must be enthusiastic, articulate, a quick-study, friendly, dependable, punctual, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• 60+ WPM.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• Create and organize electronic files
• Create and organize paper client files
• Scan in and properly organize and name file documents
• Manage and maintain office calendar
• Calendar appointments
• Process incoming mail and mail outgoing correspondence
• Draft and format, edit and proofread legal documents with attention to detail.
• Prepare and serve subpoenas; arrange for court reporters/video technicians.
• Preparation and submission of new client and/or new matter forms.
• Assist in law and motion practice, including preparation of notices and declarations.
• Prepare correspondence.
• Communicate with clients as needed.
• File organization and maintenance within Firm standards. Prepare files for storage or return to client.
We are a small office with great chemistry, and we look forward to finding a new addition to our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with us.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers