compensation: $18.50 hourly or per project employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
California Attorney currently seeking assistant experienced and qualified to work in California with a thorough knowledge of supporting a litigation practice, including drafting motions, preparing discovery requests and responses, e-discovery, e-filing, and case management.
The position will require between 15 and 20 hours of work per week on average, with the possibility of moving up towards 30 hours per week . Because we provide highly attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business day within one hour by email, phone, and text.
The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept, particularly with technology that facilitates remote work with law firms. In particular, the candidate should have experienced formatting and preparing documents in Word, preparing documents from templates, utilizing practice management software, and be knowledgeable about mechanisms for securely transmitting documents to preserve confidentiality.
We are a growing business and we are looking for a paralegal who is excited to partner with us to help grow this aspect of our business. Pay is $18.50/hour. You could be hired as a part-time employee or contract per project if you prefer and already have a fee schedule.
Because you would be assisting in start up of an office a lot of miscellaneous work is available for you if you are available.
• Bachelor's degree
• Qualified as a paralegal in California, or experience equivalent such as Legal Aid, Volunteer Attorneys, Law firm verification.
• 5+ years working as a paralegal, legal secretary or specifically with litigation experience
• Experience drafting motions, preparing discovery requests and responses, e-discovery, e-filing, and case management
• Experience creating documents in MS Word and Adobe
• Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio
• Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time, Monday - Friday
• Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
• Quiet location in which to take phone calls
Qualities we are looking for:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers