compensation: $18-$20/hour, DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Reese Law Group is a law firm located in Carlsbad (San Diego County) that specializes in debt collections, subrogation, bankruptcy, and replevins.
This position will assist the firm's Paralegal department by providing high-volume support in preparation of summons, complaints, and post-judgment documents.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide high-volume administrative assistance to multiple attorneys.
• Assist in the preparation of summons, complaints, writs of execution, abstracts, oppositions to claims of exemptions, renewals of judgment, release of liens, and satisfactions of judgment.
• Correspond with a variety of Sheriff's departments and Court Clerks throughout the State of California.
• Report to work in a regular and timely manner.
• Experience level: No experience required, but see Education requirements.
• Education level: Per Section 6450 of the California Business and Professions code, one or more of the following must be met: (1) paralegal certification from an approved ABA program; or (2) paralegal certification from a paralegal program or a degree from a post-secondary institution that requires completion of a minimum of 24 semester credits in law-related courses and has been accredited either regionally or nationally, or approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education; or (3) bachelor’s degree in any field combined with at least one year of experience working under the supervision of a California attorney who has been licensed for at least three years or who works in the federal court system in California, and a written letter from that attorney stating you are qualified to perform paralegal tasks.
• Basic knowledge of CA civil litigation rules and deadlines.
• Ability to use reasoning and analytical skills to make decisions and articulate the reasoning behind the solution chosen to a problem that may have multiple solutions.
• Ability to communicate verbally in a clear, calm, and polite manner over the telephone and in person.
• Ability to pay close attention to details, including but not limited to: deadlines, confidential information, financial figures, and legal claims.
• Ability to take initiative in learning new concepts, seeking additional information, and asking questions of co-workers when uncertain.
• Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks in a manner that enables timely completion.
• Ability to utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other computer software programs in an efficient manner, and to search for help in the use of such programs independently via the internet.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
• Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to and exceeding 8.0 hours per day.
• Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard, and calculator.
• Extended viewing of a computer screen.
• Extensive use of a telephone.
• Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site. Potential for remote work after completion of training.
• This position is domiciled at the offices of Reese Law Group, in Carlsbad, CA.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers