Reese Law Group is a law firm located in Carlsbad (San Diego County) that specializes in debt collections, subrogation, bankruptcy, and replevins.
Reese Law Group is seeking an Associate Attorney with three to five years of litigation experience, including experience in the courtroom, trial preparation, discovery, and settlement.
This is a high-volume position responsible for 100-150 contested cases, but there is no billable hour requirement.
Essential Job Functions
• Identify legal issues and recommend appropriate actions.
• Read, understand, and interpret legal documents.
• Analyze and summarize legal documents, and present interpretations to fellow and/or supervisory attorneys.
• Define problems, collect information, analyze findings, and draw appropriate conclusions.
• Manage a calendar and comply with strict deadlines.
• Respond to client inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Maintain a regular presence in the office and function as a resource for fellow attorneys and support staff such as paralegals, administrative assistants, collectors, and subrogation specialists.
• Manage multiple case files, projects, and clients.
• Satisfy MCLE requirements on an ongoing basis.
• Report to work in a regular and timely manner.
• Experience level: 3 to 5 years in an attorney position; candidates with debt collection, insurance defense, and/or subrogation experience are preferred.
• Education level: Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-approved law school, required. Must have and be able to maintain a current law license and good standing with the State Bar of California.
• Knowledgeable about law, rules, decisions, practices, and California and Federal civil procedure.
• Skilled in legal research.
• Ability to project a professional demeanor and appearance.
• Ability to communicate clearly, persuasively, and effectively in both verbal and written format.
• Ability to take initiative in learning new concepts, seeking additional information, and asking questions of co-workers when uncertain.
• Ability to understand and conform to California professional rules of conduct.
• Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks in a manner that enables timely completion.
• Ability to manage stress in a professional manner.
• Ability to utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other computer software programs in an efficient manner, and to search for help in the use of such programs independently via the internet.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a positive manner with co-workers and others outside the firm.
• Knowledgeable about the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and similar statutes, and ability to remain current on such knowledge.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
• Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for periods up to and exceeding 8.0 hours per day.
• Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard, and calculator.
• Occasional lifting up to 5-10 pounds.
• Extended viewing of a computer screen.
• Extensive use of a telephone.
• Occasional travel via automobile, train, or airplane.
• Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site.
• This position is domiciled at the offices of Reese Law Group, in Carlsbad, CA.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers