At Mountain Shadows, we believe in providing high quality services to individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities. We achieve this by only hiring individuals who will embrace our company philosophy of "Because I Care" and give their very best!
We are currently hiring individuals to work in an innovative new program providing day program services to individuals who are unable to attend a traditional site based day program due to medical conditions.
Under the supervision of the Program Director and Program Assistant, the In Home Day Program will implement ISP objectives and activity programs at client's home. Other duties will include:
• Recognize early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance.
• Assist with self-medication or administer prescribed medications as needed.
• Demonstrate the ability to apply basic knowledge or rules and regulations and knowledge of client's personal rights.
• Ensure that client's rights are being considered at all times.
• Interact with clients, visitors and or visiting agencies in a professional and respectful manner.
• Serve lunch, snacks and liquids to clients within required time intervals to maintain appropriate hydration if necessary.
• Assist clients in participating in activities which may include standing for long periods of time, frequent bending, stooping, and lifting.
• Collect data as directed by the ISP including progress, changes, etc., and document in Therap system.
• Report unusual occurrences and demonstrate the ability to report any observed client abuse/neglect under the mandated reporting requirements.
• Attend scheduled in-service training and meet daily attendance requirements.
• Maintain equipment in good working order.
• Maintain environment in safe manner and perform duties in a safe manner.
• Assist clients with toileting, which may include changing protective briefs.
• Perform other job duties as defined by the Supervisor in charge.
• Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Ability to understand and implement Individual Service Plan (ISP) objectives, document client progress.
• Ability to complete mandated reporting required forms (SOC 341) as necessary.
• Ability to implement procedures for disaster and a mass casualty plan.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, families, co-workers, supervisors, case managers and those in the community.
• Ability to follow directions and prioritize duties.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. independently.
• Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
• 21 years or older.
• Must possess a valid California Driver's license and 3 years of satisfactory driving record.
• 1 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
• Must be able to pass a Drug/Alcohol screening.
• Must be able to pass a health screening and TB test.
• Must be able to receive a criminal background clearance through the Department of Justice
Submit your resume or apply at www.mtnshadows.org/careers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers