compensation: Salary based upon experience, not to exceed midpoint of stated range. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Since our inception in 1975, NCTD has been helping people get where they need to be. By providing public transportation for North San Diego County, we are able to serve more than 10 million passengers every year.
NCTD is currently seeking a Management Analyst to plan, organize, lead and/or participate in complex, sensitive and detailed analytical and administrative work in various areas in support of NCTD Divisions and Departments.
All applicants must complete and submit an online application at www.gonctd.com/careers.
This position is distinguished as an intermediate level position that requires previous experience performing a wide variety of difficult, complex and/or sensitive analytical activities for assigned District Division/Department management which requires the use of considerable discretion, judgment and interpersonal skills.
Based on assigned District Division/Department, the individual in this position may be designated as a Confidential Employee as s/he will be privy to highly confidential and sensitive information on internal District matters pertaining to the decision-making process on matters relating to potential and current litigation, labor relations and/or personnel and employment, and other items of general legal and/or liability concerns. Employees so designated shall be notified in writing by Human Resources.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates in budget development and administration activities for assigned area of responsibility; analyzes proposed capital, operating, and maintenance expenditures; prepares reports and analyses related to impact of budgetary decisions; prepares financial forecasts; tracks and monitors expenditures vs. budgets, and expenditures vs. funding restrictions and reporting requirements.
• Participates in procurement and contract administration activities for assigned area of responsibility; assists in development of technical specifications, scope(s) of work, and required documentation for procurement activities, assuring District procurement policies and procedures, as well as source of funding policies and requirements are followed; participates in research and evaluation of proposed contractual obligations and agreements; assists or leads in contract administration; monitors compliance with applicable contractual agreements.
• Provides administrative support to Division/Department staff; participates in and provides staff support for a variety of committees, boards, and commissions; prepares and presents staff reports, presentations and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
• Manages and coordinates assigned functions or projects; participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and priorities for assigned functions or programs; recommends and implements resulting policies and procedures; assists, creates and modifies policy and procedural manuals and guidelines.
• Coordinates, implements, and monitors special projects within assigned area of responsibility; performs complex research and analysis of new programs, services, policies, and procedures; prepares and presents reports.
• Prepares and presents comprehensive technical, administrative, and financial analytical and statistical reports for Division/Department activities that present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and present and justify conclusions, forecasts, and recommendations based on data summaries and other findings.
• Coordinates and collaborates with departments, divisions and outside agencies; serves as a liaison with public and private organizations: provides information and serves as a resource.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, or a related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of directly relevant experience, preferably in the public sector, transportation, engineering or construction industry.
A combination of experience/skills and education to fulfill the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position may be considered.
A job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Salary based upon experience, not to exceed midpoint of stated range. NCTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers