Ideate Design-Build is based in Vista, North County San Diego with architectural and construction projects in San Diego, Orange County and LA County. We provide both architecture and construction services primarily supporting construction defect projects, property assessment and scope definitions, reconstruction, renovations, tenant improvements and other technical consulting services for commercial properties and multi-family communities.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently looking to grow our architectural team, to fill an open position for a Job Captain/CAD Manager who also has skill and experience in Revit.
• Experience: a minimum experience of 5 years in architecture and/or construction
• Industry knowledge and skills:
o Ability to develop construction drawings with direction from project architect
o Understands jurisdictional processes, building codes and typical regulatory requirements
• Expected software skills: Revit, AutoCAD and the MS Office suite software
• Preferred proficiencies: Sketchup and Adobe’s Creative Suite apps
• Proven skills building a custom-made family with multiple parameters in Revit
• Knowledge of subcategories and view templates in Revit
• Presents a professional and personable demeanor conducive to maintaining constructive relationships
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication with an ability to listen to clients, consultants, subcontractors and team members
• Maintain the capacity to ask questions, take directions and request guidance
• Actively support architects in current and potential projects
• Capable of working in an environment constantly changing assignments
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills with careful and deliberate focus
• Ability to perform assignments while communicating project specifics and providing clear progress updates to management
• Effectively manage time by prioritizing current efforts and future goals while respecting the time of clients, consultants, subcontractors and team members
• Self-motivated to develop skills and acquire knowledge, to seek new responsibilities
• Take responsibility for the outcome of their assignments
• Develop and shepherd the production of construction documents from inception through permitting
• Develop solutions and construction details to address the unique problems of each project
• Prepare and produce explanatory illustrations, graphics and exhibits
• Support site work: field surveys, measurements, field observations and inspections
• Ability to complete permittable construction documents entirely with Revit
Please submit cover letter, resume and samples of work as a single PDF document.
Only responses from qualified individuals will be reviewed and potentially contacted.
Please, no phone calls, walk-ins or third-party agencies.