compensation: competitive compensation based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
San Dieguito Engineering, Inc. (SDE) is looking to hire a full-time Party Chief. The ideal candidate should be a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor. Established in 1974, SDE is an award-winning civil engineering firm located in Solana Beach, CA. SDE provides Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Land Planning, and Subsurface Utility Mapping (SUE) for a variety of land development and municipal capital improvements projects throughout San Diego County. SDE is committed to being the #1 Small Business Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, and Land Planning consulting firm in San Diego County. Here at SDE, we believe we are only as good as the people we work with, because through collaboration and attention to detail, we can exceed our client’s expectations.
The Party Chief will report to the Principal Surveyor and works directly with the Survey Manager on a variety of projects. Party Chief will work on both private development and public work projects. The Party Chief may have survey office staff available as a resource. Candidate should be comfortable working in deserts, mountains, forests, residential and commercial construction sites, work safely in light and heavy street traffic conditions, close proximity to heavy construction equipment, and any other site conditions related with light or heavy construction environments.
• Provide boundary and topographic surveys.
• Provide utility surveys
• Provide calculations and construction staking for private development and pipeline projects
• Prepare field notes, sketches, plats, staking cut sheets, as well as project specific documents and reports
• Perform surveys for heavy civil engineering construction
• Coordinate with Survey Manager and manage chainman and multiple projects
• Respond to RFIs
• Prepare change orders
• Proficiency in office tasks with a working knowledge of AutoCAD C3D, Trimble Business Center, Leica Infinity, and MS Office is preferred.
• Pursue required certifications and training as required for projects
• Collaborate as a team player as a communicative and proactive team leader.
• Perform other related tasks as needed by Survey Manager and Principal Engineer
• California LSIT or PLS is preferred
• Minimum 5 of field experience
• Good verbal and written communication
• Self-Manageable and motivated
• Willing to learn
• Positive attitude
• Strong Organization Skills
• Able to work with all departments: Civil Engineering, Land Planning, and Land Surveying
SDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K matching, flexible work schedule, and paid vacation/sick days.
If interested, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format only. No links to resume will be accepted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers