compensation: Competitive Compensation commensurate to experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
San Dieguito Engineering, Inc. (SDE) is looking to hire a full-time Project Manager for Civil Engineer. Established in 1974, SDE is an award-winning civil engineering firm located in Solana Beach. SDE performs civil engineering, surveying, planning services and SUE mapping for a variety of land development and municipal capital improvements projects throughout San Diego County. SDE is committed to our vision to be the #1 Small Business Civil Engineering consulting firm in San Diego County. We believe we are only as good as the passionate people who work for us because through collaboration we can exceed our client’s expectations.
The Project Manager will report to the Principal Engineer and support the SDE Leadership on a variety of projects. The Project Manager will have designers and others engineers available as a resource.
• Prepare grading and improvement plans for commercial, mixed-use and residential development projects.
• Prepare plan and profile for design of roads, water, sewer, and storm drain.
• Coordinate with drainage studies and hydrology and hydraulic modeling performed by SDE staff.
• Understand stormwater management plans for large or small projects and knowledgeable of the requirements in the SWRCB Region 9.
• Manage and assign junior engineers to execute tasks on projects
• Responsible for meeting scope and schedule for projects within budget
• Assist in preparation of proposals
• Responsible for client management and communication throughout the project
• Proficient use of the following: ACAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word, Excel and Blue Beam.
• Possess the ability to coordinate engineering work with the surveying department seamlessly.
• Collaborate as a team player as a communicative and proactive team leader.
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years of progressive civil engineering experience.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• California PE or ability to attain California PE in 1 year.
• Master degree in related discipline can be substitute for 1 year of experience.
• Able to collaborate effectively as a team member.
• Excellent organizational, technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and take on larger, more complex tasks than previous level.
• Ownership and accountability for quality deliverables.
• Local Experience is preferred
SDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K matching, flexible work schedule, and paid vacation/sick days. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers