Entry Level Electrical Designer
QR Code Link to This Post
Leading San Diego Electrical Contractor seeks Entry Level Electrical Designer.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for support of Project Manager and lead electrical engineer to help ensure proper management and control of the total project scope as defined in the contract.
The Entry Level Designer reports directly to and is accountable to the Lead Electrical Engineer/Project Manager.
• Create electrical conceptual and detailed designs.
• Transposing field mark-up (red-line) as-builts to CAD or Revit drawings files.
• Prepare CAD floor plans showing electrical device layouts, circuitry, fixtures, equipment, etc.
• Convert engineer’s markups into working CAD drawings or Revit models.
• Perform building power design and branch circuiting with input from lead electrical engineer.
• Perform sizing and routing for conduit, cable, circuit breakers, and low and medium voltage systems (e.g., power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and phone / data / other special systems) with input from lead electrical engineer.
• Ensuring that all documents and designs are coordinated with all trades, and meet project criteria, and Quality Assurance Program.
• Visit project sites to analyze existing conditions
• Prepare one-line diagrams with input from engineers.
• Prepare electrical loads and develop panel schedules with input from engineers.
• Understand, prepare and apply concepts of emergency and normal power systems.
• Layout equipment rooms with input from project managers and engineers.
• Work with principal electrical designers, engineers and project managers to help develop all aspects of a project.
• Ability to provide verification of legal right to work in the United States if hired.
• Reliable vehicle with proof of insurance.
• Optional Education: (More years of experience can offset education requirements)
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
• Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Revit design (2016 or better).
• Electrical system design experience related to the building construction industry.
• Ability to perform calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, systems layout & design.
• Familiarity of electrical (CEC and NEC) and building codes (UBC, CBC and IBC), IEEE, and NFPA is required.
• MS Word, Outlook Visio and Excel programs. (MS Power Point, Project and Publisher a plus.)
• Interfacing with engineers and design leads from other disciplines, clients and other disciplines at project meetings, and contractors during construction.
• Skillful in reading and creating Low Voltage (LV) and Medium Voltage (MV) Single Line and Three Line Diagrams.
• Reviewing and coordinating with manufacturer shop drawings
• Competitive wages
• Paid vacations
• Medical / Dental / Vision
• 401K (Retirement Plan)