compensation: $15-20 DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Athletic Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the coordination, implementation, and administration of a Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside "Sports Academy" Program at Roosevelt Middle School. The specific duties of the Athletic Coordinator will include program development and management, carrying forth prudent fiscal management, participation in staff development, and offsite collaborations. S/he will aide in providing a safe, nurturing, well-supervised "Sports Academy" program. S/he will be the liaison with coaches, parents, collaborators, school management, donors, and visitors to display the site and the program positively. The Athletic Coordinator position is aligned with the school districts calendar year.
The Athletic Coordinator position is per diem, 175/180 day position, based upon the school district calendar year. In addition, this position is based on job performance as well as the number of youth registered weekly; should registration numbers drop, this position may not be needed for that week and/or position terminated.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• It is preferred that the Athletic Coordinator possess a BA/BS and have 2-3 years' experience developing and implementing sports programs.
• Extensive knowledge of athletic activities, rules, regulations and procedures for league organization required.
• It is preferred that the Athletic Coordinator possess excellent computer skills; have the ability to effectively track data and produce reports
• It is preferred that the Athletic Coordinator possess effective communication skills, supervisory expertise, and sound administrative and fiscal management techniques.
• Possess at least 3 years' experience working with school-aged youth and teens with a demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to best practices in education and recreation for children and families.
• Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public school setting
• Must pass LiveScan & LexisNexis criminal background check and fingerprinting, and pre-employment drug screening, and TB test.
• First Aid and CPR certification.
• Possess current California driver's license and current automobile insurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiate, develop, and implement a school sports calendar.
• Oversee and implement organized athletic activities already in existence, including: cross country, field hockey, basketball, surf, volleyball and soccer.
• Market, develop and advertise sports programs for parents and children that align with the BGCO mission.
• Act as the primary point of contact for BGCO when interacting with parents and collecting fees and adhere to agency money handling procedures, ensuring all fees are collected and accounted for.
• Work with supervisor to provide spread sheets, rosters of youth in the program; ensuring that BGCO has access to contact lists with parent phone numbers.
• Establish and host registration dates for each sport.
• Assist in the hiring of sports coaches.
• Determine facility needs and secure field or facility as sports programs require.
• Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality in student, staff, and management matters.
• Possess reliable transportation to and from Program site.
• Complies with organization and site policies and follows procedures.
• Commit to a full school-year program, demonstrated by arriving on-time, every day and completing time cards appropriately.
• Participate in staff development activities, as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, school administration, private sector officials, parents, and community.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others.
• Excellent organizational and management skill.
Must be able to work Monday through Friday: 15-20 hrs per week. $15-20/Hour DOE
The Club is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. Club policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
The Club is committed to providing equal opportunities and complying with applicable laws. This commitment applies to everyone involved in the operations of the Club. We are committed to preventing and correcting unlawful discrimination by any employee, supervisor, co-worker, client or customer or anyone else you may encounter in the course of your work.
Please send resume for consideration to Hillary Adams, Director of Operations, HAdams@BGCOceanside.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers