compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a Corporate & Community Partnership Manager for cultivating, managing, and stewarding relationships with North County corporate and community partners. This position will focus on raising visibility in the North County region.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing nutritious food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
- Assist with the creation, planning, coordination and follow-through on events designed to impact the community with respect to fund development and communications in order to financially sustain the Food Bank’s mission. Special emphasis on the North County Food Bank Gala and the NCFB Drive Out Hunger Golf Tournament.
- Work in collaboration with the Development Team regarding all opportunities and activities.
Research and identify new funding prospects, and for cultivating corporate partnerships (including sponsorships and other giving opportunities.)
- Implement Executive Lunch and Tour program at the North County Food Bank and manage the logistics and execution of the monthly cultivation event.
- Collaborate with the North County Food Bank Manager to identify corporate volunteer groups and individuals for further cultivation.
- In collaboration with the Director of Corporate & Community Partnerships, responsible for writing proposals and creating presentations for prospective partners in an effort to cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships.
Steward the relationships within their portfolio and maintain relationship contact notes in the donor database.
- Liaison between the North County community and the Food Bank, building awareness and facilitating partnerships. Identify opportunities for third party events and other awareness building opportunities in North County.
- Work closely with the Events Staff to execute volunteer force and logistics for North County third party events.
Represent the North County Food Bank at various Chamber of Commerce, community and civic group meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who is able to stay motivated and work independently, without daily in person contact from their supervisor. Someone who enjoys doing presentations and speaking publicly and someone who will passionately deliver the mission of the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank. This person is also someone with strong business prospecting skills and an understanding of North County business and nonprofit communities.
- Fund development including research and cultivation of community groups and corporations.
- Event planning and execution of fundraising and donor recognition events.
- Experience with presenting and public speaking
- Federal, state and local laws and regulations governing nonprofit agencies.
- Fund development theory and practice.
- Research methods and analysis techniques.
- Principles and practices of sound business communications, including impeccable grammar and spelling in the
- Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook & Word) and Donor Perfect.
- A passion for fighting hunger in the community.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in marketing or business management, or a closely related field; and at least three years of progressively responsible experience in development (preferably in the nonprofit sector); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position that will work 40 hours a week. The compensation for this position will be based on experience. The compensation package includes an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply and provide a cover letter and resume on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Once on our website, applications can be started by scrolling to the bottom of the job posting and following instructions for beginning the application process.
Submissions missing either the cover letter or resume will not be considered for the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers