compensation: The hourly pay for the position will be $18 - $22 per hour (depending on skills and experience). employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
DePauw Johnson, Inc. is a North San Diego County financial services firm providing tax preparation & planning, bookkeeping, payroll, and other financial services to individual and small business clients. Our goal is to become an indispensable resource to the clients we serve by providing high quality and timely services in our areas of expertise.
DePauw Johnson is a growing company seeking an accounting and administrative specialist to join our team. The person filling this position will be responsible for assisting our small business clients with live payroll processing and monthly bookkeeping functions, as well as helping with our office administrative needs. The successful candidate will need to be flexible, enjoy working on a wide range of tasks, and have very strong customer service capabilities.
Essential Office Admin Functions:
• Answering telephone and interacting with clients with high lever of customer service skill
• Processing client payments in person and using online systems
• Processing incoming and outgoing mail
• Filing and other office administration functions
Essential Payroll Functions:
• Process live and after-the-fact payroll using QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software
• Utilize Microsoft Excel for complex commission and hourly wage rate calculations
• Understand and implement current state and local wage rules and sick-time accrual calculations
• Adhere to payroll processing deadlines
• Prepare payroll reporting packages
• Process quarterly and annual state and federal payroll tax returns (for multiple states)
• Maintain and administer client specific fringe benefit programs
• Responsible for timely processing of annual W2s, W3s, and 1099 tax forms
Essential Bookkeeping Functions:
• Maintain bank and credit card ledgers using QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software
• Reconcile monthly bank, credit card, and loan accounts
• Assist with weekly check runs and deposit posting for bill-pay clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 2-3 years of payroll processing and bookkeeping in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online required
• BA or Associates degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Demonstration of a high level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential
• The ability to interact with clients and vendors in a professional and service-oriented manner
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities a must
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to maintain and create complex formula’s
The hourly pay for the position will be $18 - $22 per hour (depending on skills and experience). We offer partial medical premium payment benefits, 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and other benefits to full-time employees. If you are interested in becoming part of our friendly and growing team please respond to this ad with your resume and a cover letter communicating your availability and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers