We are seeking an Accountant III for one of our portfolio companies that will work directly for the Corporate Controller and collaborate across the company’s businesses and functions. The portfolio company consolidates under a publicly traded entity that is a global leader in a fast-growing segment of consumer wellness products.
• Responsible for internal and external financial reporting deliverable on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis ensuring all deliverable are accurate, timely, and in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and established policies and procedures.
• Assist in the monthly close process, including recording journal entries, consolidating funds, preparing reconciliations, and compiling financial statements.
• Prepare supporting analysis of significant estimates and assess reasonableness of assumptions used in estimates and other complex GAAP transactions
• Review of various reports included in monthly close packages including analysis of project-level variances arising from comparisons of actual results to prior month, forecasts, and annual business plan data.
• Maintain debt and capital account reconciliations for banking and investment partners, respectively. Interface with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accounting analysis
• Assist with coordinating annual external audits, internal audits, and annual budgeting processes.
• Prepare monthly inventory reports and assist with implementation of company’s inventory system.
• Assist in preparation of various federal and state income tax work papers and payments.
• Prepare deliverable to support the preparation of the financial statements, and/or requests for information from all business functions
• Assist with ad hoc analysis or analytics as needed
• Support in responding to audit requests external auditors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
• 5 + years of relevant accounting experience
• Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques
• Strong spreadsheet skills using Excel is required. Proficiency with Excel formulas and pivot tables, sumif, vlookup.
• Experience with top tier ERP and related reporting applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Must have the ability to think and work independently and possess excellent time management skills in order to meet goals and deadlines.
• Ability to effectively to respond to and interact with multiple levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is essential.
• Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers