compensation: Hourly $18-$21 DOE / Eval after 90 days + Health Benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Full Service Professional Bookkeeping Firm needs a smart, detail oriented person to fill a bookkeeping position, with the opportunity to grow beyond just monthly bookkeeping and add more responsibility and challenges as your ambition and ability advance.
Do you think accounting is fun and you "get" how it works and/or are you a super detailed, borderline OCD type of person who really enjoys seeing all the check boxes get checked? Are you big on motivation and smarts? Do you want to work in a place where you will work with dozens of different kinds of businesses rather than just the one same business every day? Would you prefer a small, casual and flexible workplace with an office and lots of windows rather than a cubicle farm and an HR department? That's us!
We are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
1. Smart and able to learn new things quickly
2. Able to work on a daily to do list without regular supervision and get things done
3. Be able to pay attention to details and follow specific directions
4. Extremely reliable and dependable- on time and follow through on what you say
5. 100% honest and ethical- able to handle working with sensitive client information
6. Genuinely interested in helping people- you have a customer service orientation
7. Happy working independently- this job does not involve a lot of chatting or personal interaction
8. Proficient in accounting math and written and spoken English
9. Interested in moving up- looking to grow in your abilities responsibilities.
We are looking for someone with experience in QuickBooks (online and desktop versions) who has experience working on multiple sets of books each month, coding transactions, reconciling and posting journal entries ideally in an accounting, tax or bookkeeping office setting. We don't do A/R, A/P posting and spend very, very little time on manual data entry (we let the software do the typing!) and have clients ranging from simple 30 minutes a month projects to much more complicated ones that require some real puzzling out!
The job is full time Monday to Friday forty hours per week. Hourly to start + Health Benefits available, review at 90 days.
Office dress is casual; micromanagement is nonexistent.
The ideal candidate for this job has:
1. A great positive attitude and friendly personality!
2. Significant QuickBooks Online and Desktop experience
3. General accounting knowledge
4. A general interest in working with and in a small business
5. A "do whatever it takes" attitude
6. The ability to work without supervision or regular input
7. A real desire to learn new things on a daily basis
8. A sense of personal responsibility, integrity and honesty
9. A sharp mind and a quick grasp of new concepts
In the end, the best person for the job is going to be the one who can demonstrate they are well suited for the job, their ability to pay attention, learn and get things done in a timely manner and with a good attitude. Everything specific to the job can be taught but you must be the right kind of person to start.
Interviews are by phone first, in person second; job to start as soon as the following week.
If you are interested in this job, please reply to this email and include:
A) Your resume
B) Your contact info
C) A statement in your email with a specific example of how you think you fit the criteria listed in the first point #1 above.
Any response missing any of the above three items will be automatically disregarded. Simply by including the above three items you will put yourself in the top 25% of possible candidates. If you didn't read this far you are already out of the running.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers