compensation: entry level compensation after completion of training employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a 16 Week Training Program.
Quality Controlled Manufacturing, Inc. (QCMI) is recruiting candidates in partnership with the East County Economic Career Center for The Grande Foundation Machinist Academy! The program is estimated to begin in January 2020 and go through April 2020. This is an extensive 16 week course consisting of 20 hours of training per week. The program has classroom training, hands-on learning activities, projects and a machinist shop floor lab.
Students will learn: Shop theory, Safety, Shop Mathematics, Quality, BluePrint, Inspection, Conventional and CNC Machining, NDT and Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Curriculum also includes soft skills development, résumé building and job placement.
• Over 18 years old (due to machinery and materials used)
• Able to read, write and understand English
• Basic concepts of math (convert fractions to decimals, add, subtract and multiply)
• U.S. citizen, due to QCMI International Traffic and Arms Regulations
• Must be able to attend Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 12 pm for 16 weeks
• Have an interest in mechanical/machinery
• Additional qualifications per ETP apply and will be explained in person.
Upon successful completion of the program, students may be hired by QCMI or another manufacturing company in San Diego as a Machinist Operator or other entry level industry positions.
Please send your résumé to Becky Quinn by responding to this posting for consideration. Please include with your resume a paragraph highlighting why you are interested in a Machinist occupation.
The training program is funded by the State of California Employment Training Panel and QCMI.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers