QR Code Link to This Post
Volt Workforce Solutions is hiring for an CNC Machine Operator in El Cajon!!
Volt is partnering with a company in El Cajon that believes in unleashing people's potential. They have been recognized consistently as one of the Top 100 Innovators and deemed one of the world's most ethical companies. You will not want to miss the opportunity to be apart of this environment!!
- Read process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operation requirements.
- Mount workpiece between centers, in chuck or the faceplate.
- Select and install tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads, and automatic tool change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet.
- Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts. Program editing, as needed.
- Turn dials and switches to override control and correct machine performance.
- Inspect first run piece and spot check succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications.
- Study job packet and organize materials for next run during automatic controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Set up and operate another machine tool during controlled machining cycles
- All other duties as assigned.
- Be cognizant of Company’s ISO 9001-2008 QMS Policy and procedures; their relevance and importance in daily activities and strive to continually contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years (Okuma preferred) experience/work history and/or training
- Technical experience background preferred (familiarity with process sheets, machine blueprints, sketches of parts, dimensional specifications, and operation requirements)
- Excellent math skills required
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- CNC machine shop scheduling experience preferred.
- Metal parts inspection experience preferred.
- Willing to work within a team to meet production needs in the machine shop and other related areas
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. is a must
Tools & Equipment Used/ Materials Handled
- CNC lathes (Okuma) and mills (Fadal)
- CNC Computer
- Metal Bars/Parts
- Inspection tools, cutting tools, small hand tools (wrench, etc)
- Calculator / General Office Equipment.
For immediate consideration for this position, e-mail your resume or call Liz Ortiz at 619-471-1490 today!!!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.