Flight Suits dba Gibson & Barnes manufactures flight apparel, safety apparel, and communication devices, serving EMS, law enforcement, military and aviation industries.
Seeking FT (7-3:45 M-F) Entry Level Pattern Maker with minimum 2 years pattern making (experience may include
specialized schooling) software experience in clothing construction and alteration. Will create patterns by hand and
computer software, design clothing, and work with employees, vendors and external customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES -- other duties may be assigned
1. Makes 1st prototype patterns with software or by hand, translating from technical sketch and draping muslin on model form for designer approval on design lines, stand fit, and construction.
2. Digitizes approved draping into Accumark and completes first article (1st pattern).
3. Prepares cutter's muslin with trimming and garment construction information.
4. Observes fitting and takes notes to make corrections in Accumark.
5. Completes production pattern with full attention to detail.
6. Provides final pattern and garment specifications for base size.
7. Works with customers, Sales Dept, factory employees and others at different levels of organization.
8. Keeps work area, neatness, safe, and well-organized.
• Requires HS diploma or equivalent required with 2-3 years pattern making software experience in clothing construction and alteration (may include school and workplace experience).
• Accumark software experience preferred.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and have good listening skills.
• Demonstrated experience measuring and fitting clothing for customers.
• Strong quality focus on design, fit and continuous improvement.
• Must be adaptable and responsive to rapid change.
• Works well under pressure, demonstrating strong initiative and follow-though with ability to meet deadlines and work effectively, both independently and as team member.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with a diverse population at all levels of organization and with customers.
• Demonstrates a can-do, problem solving attitude, offering ideas from experience in field.
• Ability to follow management instructions, responding quickly to work changes.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, self-initiate activities proactively and coordinate tasks with strong attention to detail, accuracy, organization, and follow through.
• Requires high level customer service, responsiveness, approachable, friendly demeanor with competing priorities and demands.
• Ability to accept constructive feedback.
• Helps others and requests help when needed, keeping manager appraised of any problems.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality a must.
COMPENSATION: Hourly wage + benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, sick and holidays
APPLY: Email resume, cover, wage history and expectation to Ken via Craig's List Email Relay (no calls) or apply in person: 1900 Weld Blvd. Ste. 140, El Cajon, CA 92020. All offers contingent on successful completion of drug screen and background check.
EEOE/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran/E-Verify/Drug-Free Workplace Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers