QR Code Link to This Post
The Human Resources Benefits Administrator assists with benefits, maintain employee data base, manage all insurance billings and maintain employee files.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers various employee benefit programs such as group insurance, life, medical, dental and retirement plans
- Sends benefit information packages to each eligible employee and collects enrollment/waiver.
- Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, claims processing and audits billings of insurance.
- Process and maintain all status reports and pay changes, both on computer and paper system.
- Ongoing communication with assigned clients
- Responsible for following up with pending items with clients regarding eligibility
- Maintain W-2 Reporting information
- Prepare and maintain employee benefit files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially
- Assist Payroll Coordinator with benefit deductions or additions in company payroll system.
- Audit payroll deductions from employee checks on a quarterly basis
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
- Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years in benefits or related benefits administration or HR experience valued
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Experience in Word, Excel, MAS 100, People-Trak and other applicable database programs helpful.
- Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish valued
- Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Degree or certification valued