QR Code Link to This Post
Total Package Professional Services is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Human Resources Generalist vacancy with one of our clients. The position performs human resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all the following functional areas: employee & labor relations, benefits administration, recruitment & employment, onboarding, training, policy implementation, performance management, and employment law compliance. Ideal candidates are hardworking and ethical HR professionals with demonstrated knowledge of best practices, employment law, effective communication skills, are detail oriented, effective at building professional relationships, upbeat, and most importantly can work well in a fast-paced, busy environment.
Our client is in the construction industry. Candidates with previous experience in the construction or similar fields are desired.
- Employee onboarding and orientation: personnel file creation, employment authorization, drug screening, payroll setup, and required compliance training.
- Manages benefits insurance program: open enrollment, new hire set up, process changes, communicate plans/process, deduction set up, monthly/annual audits (ACA), and COBRA.
- Manage enrollment in company sponsored 401k and supplemental insurance programs.
- Supports the employee exit process which includes advising management, crafting communications, exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond to and represent the company for any unemployment claims.
- Respond to and process any employment verification or garnishment requests.
- Manage workers compensation and Leave of Absence (LOA) claims.
- Manage DOT Pull Program and PHMSA Program.
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Maintains comprehensive and compliant employee files which includes tracking of required certifications and screenings (e.g. CPR, drug testing, etc.).
- Work force reporting which will include: OSHA 300/300A, Monthly BLS, and Annual EEO-1.
- Supports recruitment efforts as needed.
- Supports performance management and development initiatives.
- Responds to employee relation issues and advises/address in compliance with appropriate regulations and company policy.
- Takes initiative to seek opportunities to improves department functions.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years of progressive Human Resources experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to handle delicate conversations with confidentiality and tact.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details.
- Proactive and forward thinking.
- Intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Active PHR or SHRM-CP certification.
- College degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Manager or related field.
- Previous HR experience in the construction industry.
- Labor Union experience a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.
- Experience working with HRIS systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work is performed indoors, typically in an air-conditioned room. Moderate noise level due to light traffic, computers, printers/copy machines, and other office equipment.
- This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position.
- This position is based corporate offices located in El Cajon, CA.
- This position will report to the owner with dotted line reporting to the CFO.