Lantern Crest Senior Living, Santee's premier Independent Living, assisted living and memory care community for seniors, is looking for a server to add to its Food Service Team. Our ideal candidate has a "can do!" customer service attitude and flexible work hours.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
• Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items...etc.
• Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
• Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
• Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers' table.
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
• Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Filling in for absent staff as needed.
• Assisting with special events as needed.
• Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
• Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
• Understands and can communicate products and services available at the community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Education: High school education or equivalent.
• Reasoning Skills: Ability to make independent decisions with work without supervision.
• Oral/Written Communication Skills: Ability to interact tactfully with residents and family members, staff and general public. Ability to make decisions in stressful situation. Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing. Ability to make warm, positive connections with residents, families, vendors and team members is a must.
• Equipment Used: Basic Kitchen Appliances (toaster, waffle makers, etc)
• Physical Effort: Be mobile and able to perform physical requirements of the job.
• Personal Characteristics: Possesses good character and displays high degree of personal integrity. Displays sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired older adults. Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of older people and their families.
• Working Conditions: Well-lighted, air-conditioned health care environment.
• Other (As required by Tittle 22): Employee must pass a criminal record clearance prior to beginning work in the community.
• All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and a state-required criminal background check.
• Lantern Crest offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k to qualifying employees.
• If you would like to join our Food Service Team, please apply in person at Lantern Crest Senior Living 400 Lantern Crest Way, Santee CA 92071
• No phone calls about this posting please
Keywords: barista, server, coffee, hostess, wait staff, dementia, full time, part time flexible, benefits, east county, la mesa, santee, food, food runner, delivery driver, busser, busboy, hostess, host, server, waiter, café, bakery, restaurant, front of house, back of house, baker, retail, customer service, cashier, barista, supervisor, manager, desserts, dessert shop, san diego, coffee shop, food handling, cash handling, cake production, pastry chef, full time, part time, entry level, room for growth, fun, fast paced, now hiring, cake decorator, team member, small business, chef, meals, homemade, cook, food, cater, catering, personal chef; Assisted Living, Memory Care. Independent Lving
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers