compensation: $35 to 60 per hour + none
employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Randstad is seeking a Technical Writer for a contract assignment at one of its biotechnology clients in San Diego, CA. This client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, and aid in biomedical research. You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
This person is responsible for the generation and maintenance of written Instructions for Use (IFU) such as Operator Manuals and Package Inserts.
- Generates written text, document formatting, coordinates projects through to final print and/or electronic distribution
- Solicits training and feedback from in-house technical experts (project managers, engineers, application specialists, etc.) to help with design and development of technical documentation
- Support efforts in house and remote to validate new/revised documentation
- Works with Madcap flare to develop and generate final output.
- May work with Madcap Capture or Adobe Illustrator to update graphics included in manual.
- Converts documents from FrameMaker to MadCap Flare
- Works with Adobe Acrobat to generate and facilitate collaborative reviews of documentation.
- May execute necessary Change Orders or other quality system processes while maintaining regulatory compliance??
- Supports the electronic and hardcopy libraries of released and archived material
- Works with translation vendor to manage update projects to IFUs such as replacing English screen captures with Translated screen captures
- Proofreads IFUs as required
- Other duties as required
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Experience with Madcap Flare and Framemaker required
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.