Our community newspaper group seeks a part time staff writer for our weekly, community newspaper group. This is an opportunity if you have a love for journalism!
* Bachelor's Degree
* Professional journalism experience
* Rarely run out of good story ideas
*Expert in AP Style
*Attention to detail in editing for spelling, grammar and punctuation
* Ability to work with freelancers and interns
* Excellent computer/internet skills
* Pagination using InDesign helpful
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
* Excellent time management skills
* Must be able to meet deadlines consistently
* Strong organizational skills
* Utilize social media effectively via company Twitter and Facebook accounts to stay engaged with the community
This position requires excellent interviewing and writing skills, ability to meet deadlines and periodic flexible hours. You will be required to be engaged in the community, making contacts, digging up stories and developing resources. You will work with a small, energetic, office staff in a friendly atmosphere.
Submit your resume accompanied with cover letter, references and clips to this post. We are a small business with a small budget, but if you want to work with nice people in a great community and do what you love, this is the place for you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers