compensation: Paid Training employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Come join an award winning team at First Transit. First Transit, a contractor for the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) is now hiring Fleet Bus Washer Workers. Fleet consists of 215 medium duty gas and propane powered Ford E450 and F550 vehicles.
The Bus Washer Workers play an integral role in the success of our operation. The primary objective the Bus Washer Worker is fueling and cleaning vehicles and facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
Candidates must possess a clean driving record and a reliable employment history with a strong attendance and punctuality record. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Class B CDL through the companies paid training program within the first three weeks of employment.
The applicant must have a neat appearance and a sincere desire to assist in the professional operation of the service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below. Management retains the discretion to add to and/or change the duties of the position at any time.
• Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Maintain a strong attendance record.
• Maintain a good rapport with the other employees.
• Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures.
• Ensures all vehicles are regularly fueled and fluid levels are checked.
• Operates all equipment in a safe and prudent manner.
• Ensures all reports are properly filled out and turned in on a timely basis.
• Maintains familiarity with geographical area and equipment so as to eliminate extended breakdowns and assist in the operational needs of the company.
• Cleans vehicles in such a manner as to ensure pride and professional appearance.
• Cleans work area or other assigned areas daily.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma preferred. Candidates must be able to work independently on established work schedule as required. Must be able to handle multiple projects and have the ability to prioritize work. Must also be capable of using all necessary equipment and tools.
General automotive experience preferred. Specific transit-related experience plus.
Shop environment/outside exposure to weather is required. This position will be subject to occasional heavy lifting, bending, stooping, standing, high noise levels and vehicle fumes.
The Bus Washer must be able to perform the following tasks, among others:
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English language.
• Work extended hours including nights and weekends.
• Obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License
• Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Must be able to board vehicles in order to inspect vehicle condition.
• Assimilate information quickly and accurately.
• Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
• Work environments include office, transit facility, maintenance facility, outdoors and transit vehicles.
Pay and Benefits
• Pay starting $13.52 per hour
• Paid vacation
• Medical and Dental
• Employee and dependent bus pass
• Advancement Opportunities available
To apply you must:
Bring a current H-6 DMV printout
Have a clean driving record and background
Apply in person at the First Transit Recruitment Center at:
7550 Copley Park Pl
San Diego, CA 92111
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers