Are you interested in working in a fast paced, challenging behavioral healthcare organization? Are you interested in a position that is rewarding and makes a difference in the lives of others? Alvarado Parkway Institute (API) has a need for your talent and compassion. API wants to hear from you!
Alvarado Parkway Institute is a free-standing psychiatric hospital in La Mesa, California with four Intensive Outpatient/Partial Hospitalization Programs. Alvarado Parkway Institute (API) provides comprehensive adult inpatient behavioral health and addictive disorders services in a 66 bed hospital setting located in La Mesa, California. At Alvarado Parkway Institute, we are committed to improving the mental health and well-being of our community. Alvarado Parkway Institute is San Diego's leading provider of comprehensive mental health and substance abuse care. API offers a variety of Outpatient Services designed to assist patients in functioning at the highest level. API provides Partial Hospitalization services and Intensive Outpatient services. These programs emphasize symptom management, community integration and prevention of hospitalization or re-hospitalization. Value added services enhance the patient's treatment experience. Our mission at API is to improve mental health and quality of life by helping people maximize their potential.
Alvarado Parkway Institute is currently seeking qualified individuals to join our team as Passenger Van Drivers. Full time, Full Time Temporary and Per Diem available.
Required hours of availability: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday and 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. On weekends we offer a weekend shift differential for this position!
Our drivers provide safe and timely transport of adult psychiatric patients. Our drivers communicate with the clinical team members and with co-workers to adjust routes as needed to efficiently transport clients to & from home. Must have the ability to communicate comfortably with people, must be able to fluently converse in English, knowledge of San Diego County communities a plus.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must be able to turn, crouch, kneel, stoop, bend below waist, and reach above shoulder height as tasks dictate, including assisting clients as needed in boarding and disembarking vehicle.
• Must have a positive attitude to deal with traffic, detours, etc. in order to meet schedules.
• Must have basic knowledge of vehicles to be able to check oil, water, fuel, etc. and replenish as needed. Plus, the ability to recognize any irregularities in the performance or operation of the vehicle and report it to the proper person.
• Experience in working with an adult psychiatric population preferred.
• Current California Class B Driver’s license with passenger endorsement required.
• Current DL 51 required.
• Prior commercial driving experience required.
Alvarado Parkway Institute Behavioral Health System (API) offers a comprehensive benefit package for our full time and part-time employees including a generous PDO (Paid Days Off) accrual rate, sick time, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 401(k) and other value-added plans including accident insurance, long term care insurance and legal assistance.
Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals and commit to improving mental health and quality of life by helping people maximize their potential. Work where you can make a positive impact and lasting difference in people's lives!
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers