QR Code Link to This Post
Major technology company is seeking both mid and senior level Software Engineers that have expert level experience using the C or C++ language. This Software Engineer will also document all aspects of code development including requirements analysis, detailed design, and testing. Must be able to perform peer review of other developer’s code and perform testing mockups in the Systems Integration Lab. Programming in both Linux and Windows environments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope.
- Formulate detailed plans/design for the implementation of software solutions on specific programs or projects.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment and standards.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with software developers, with users, and with management.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Strong "C" or "C++" programming capability preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills also required.
- Must have experience with Windows and Linux development environments.
- Candidates with a degree in aerospace, electrical, math, physics, or computer science are all welcome.
- Experience with Matlab and aviation is desirable.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD in computer science or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience with a master’s degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer