compensation: $95k to $110k; DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PLEASE APPLY AS INDICATED BELOW
This is a rare opportunity to join an established and growing team in San Diego that delivers mission critical technology solutions to world class media industry customers. We foster a fun, start-up atmosphere where you can take on new challenges every day. The ideal candidate can work with teammates in troubleshooting problems, identifying resolutions, and assessing situations in real time.
As a part of our team, you will work on complex client-server applications featuring advanced interactive components and rich web services. Our core area of expertise is building highly scalable software solutions that work in conjunction with purpose-built multimedia hardware.
We are looking for local or 'willing to relocate' candidates only.
By joining our team, you will:
• Work closely with product teams to develop responsive web applications and highly scalable microservices.
• Implement high quality algorithms, applications, extensions, and interface components, as needed from design prototypes and specification documents.
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of software development experience in a variety of programming languages writing production quality, professional code
• 3+ years’ experience with modern client and server frameworks developing responsive web applications with state management (React and Node.js are a must)
• Highly skilled in CSS/SCSS
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Solid knowledge and hands on experience with a variety of Amazon Web Services product offerings (EC2, S3, Load Balancing, CloudSearch, ElastiCache)
• Experience with distributed version control systems
Bonus points if you have:
• Knowledge in end-to-end software development lifecycle with sound understanding of Agile methodologies
• Passion for developing clean and functional user interfaces
• Experience working with Docker or similar container technologies
• Experience with continuous integration, automated testing and test driven development
At a minimum:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
As a part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• The energy of a startup with the strategic reach of a successful global business
• Incredible opportunity to create solutions for some of the industry’s most exciting problems
• Working with an extraordinary group of smart, inspired, fun and driven individuals
• Comprehensive health benefits, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
• Generous vacation and flexible working schedule
• Catered meals twice a week, a limitless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
• Sitting for extended periods of time; Standing, Reaching
• Lift up to 40 lbs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assignment to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
TO APPLY, SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
with all of the following:
1. Respond with the subject line: “I want to work for you as a Software Developer” and note where you saw our
2. Include a resume.
3. Briefly describe a web application you participated in the development of and what feature of that
application you are most proud of.
4. Write another paragraph telling us something interesting about yourself.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers