compensation: 95,000 - 110,000 plus benefits, DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that is dedicated to closing the opportunity, expectation, and achievement gaps in education by partnering with schools all over the country to prepare students for college, careers, and life. AVID employs over 1,100 part- and full-time employees that rally behind our five core values: Service, Authenticity, Excellence, Ownership, and Potential, which we demonstrate in all we do. AVID’s Information Technology (IT) Department helps to achieve the organizational mission by devotedly supporting the success of all locations and employees.
The AVID Information Technology team is currently looking for an experienced developer to help create and launch the next generation of our partner (i.e., customer) portal that is used by tens of thousands of educators/administrators monthly. This role will be both technical and managerial in nature as you help build out the platform, tools, processes, and necessary internal/external resources to support the organization.
What we’re looking for in a Lead Developer:
- At least five (5) years working with and integrating APIs and third-party services
- A motivated project leader, assisting the organization through the build while being able to manage both external and internal resources to assist in the development of the new portal
- A lifelong learner, who is excited about a great opportunity to help build something from the ground up
- Someone with a high relational capacity, who can develop and maintain relationships with others (e.g., contractors, team members)
- Someone who is passionate about our mission and understands the impact their role has on our organizational goals
To learn more about the position and to apply: CLICK HERE
This full-time, exempt position receives a competitive salary, PTO and paid holidays, health benefits—including medical, dental, and vision options—16 paid volunteer hours, an automatic 5% 403b contribution (after 90 days), performance pay opportunities up to 15% of previous year’s earnings, and the opportunity to be a part of an organization supporting students across the country!
Come be a part of the AVID Center legacy—join our team!