We are looking to hire an energetic and professional Catering Sales and Service Manager to efficiently manage sales and coordinates all arrangements for individuals having catered events at the resort, following the highest professional standards and promoting the company's sales-focused culture. IS THIS YOU????
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Aggressively solicits prospective customers according to property marketing plan and encourages them to book private-party functions at our property.
2. Conducts scheduled and walk-in site tours of property.
3. Meets with client and proactively helps them to choose specific banquet space and food and beverage for the function.
4. Accurately prepares catering contracts with program arrangements.
5. Organizes account files and keeps a good track on tentative and definite bookings.
6. Courteously welcomes and greets clients at the beginning of each function, and oversees function to ensure it is being ran in a smooth and timely fashion.
7. Introduces Banquet Manager and Banquet Captain in charge of the function to the client, in order to assure all needs and problems will be taken care of promptly.
8. Runs weekly and monthly pace reports.
9. Follows-up with guests using Thank-you letters and comment cards.
10. Maintains an enthusiastic and helpful attitude whenever dealing with a guest.
11. Always smiles and greets guests and promotes this attitude among employees.
12. Reports any safety hazards or injuries and makes recommendations to eliminate future liabilities.
13. Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan details such as number of persons expected, display space desired, and food service schedule.
14. Obtains permits from fire and health departments to erect displays and exhibits and serve food in rooms other than dining rooms.
15. Notifies various department heads of arrangements made.
16. Directs workers in preparing banquet and convention rooms and erecting displays and exhibits.
17. Inspects rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of group.
18. Arranges publicity, special functions, adjusts complaints, and performs other duties to promote goodwill.
Minimum of 2 years of Catering Sales Management experience
Wedding Sales & Service Background preferred
Highly motivated individual with strong Sales and Prospecting skills
Resilient and Open Minded with ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB AND JOIN OUR GREAT TEAM, PLEASE VISIT:
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego's most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (for full time employees); free life insurance plan (for full time employees); 401(k) Plan; Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; vacation time, discounted banking services; discounted cell phone services through Verizon, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Sales Incentive Program, Employee Recruitment Incentive Program, discounted health club memberships; employee hotel discounts through the Resort Hotel Association Employee Rate Lodging Program; free employee parking; and free employee shift meals.
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers