The Overnight Security Officer ("Oficial de Seguridad") proactively seeks to provide protection for guests, staff and physical assets of the company.
1. Represents the hotel with a positive, professional appearance and demeanor to guests and coworkers.
2. Ensures appropriate response to medical or other emergencies and any incidents of misconduct.
3. Strictly observes "The 10/5 Rule" at every possible opportunity.
4. Assists in fulfilling guests' needs. Provides undivided attention to each guest, smiling and making eye contact.
5. Responds quickly and appropriately to any medical emergencies, acts of violence, occurrence of fire/power outage/earthquake or other natural disaster.
6. As assigned, surveys the hotel property by active patrol or through the use of closed circuit television monitors.
7. Assists with communication over internal phone, paging and radio systems.
8. Observes established key controls. Ensures proper reporting procedures are undertaken in the event of any qualifying incident.
9. Observes and report any property maintenance problems such as damage or non-functioning lights.
10. Monitors and reports any inappropriate employee activity including violation of workplace rules, unsafe behavior, theft, alcohol or other substance abuse.
11. Ensures that safe work practices are employed in carrying out responsibilities.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Security.
• Over 21 Years Old High School Diploma/GED
• Valid California Guard Card
• Valid U.S. driver license
• Valid 1st aid/CPR/AED card a plus
• Pass Employment Verification and Background Check
• Pass drug screening test
• Must be available weekends and Holidays
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time outdoors and indoors
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
• Experience at another resort a PLUS but not required
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
About the Bahia Resort Hotel
The Bahia Resort Hotel is located in Mission Bay, two blocks from the Pacific Ocean and just minutes from SeaWorld and a short drive to other major San Diego attractions. A San Diego destination rich in tradition, the 314-room Bahia enjoys a privileged site in the heart of Mission Bay on a 14-acre private peninsula surrounded by white sandy beaches. Facilities include Café Bahia, Tangier Bar, extensive convention facilities, tennis courts, swimming pool, whirlpool Jacuzzi, two authentic Sternwheelers and a marina. The 20,000 square feet of versatile conference space can accommodate groups of 10 to 1,200. The Bahia is unsurpassed for functionality for meetings, events and special occasions. The hotel offers 12 function rooms that are complemented by breathtaking, stunning panoramic ocean and bay views .
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego's most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (for full time employees); free life insurance plan (for full time employees); 401(k) Plan; Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; vacation time, discounted banking services; discounted cell phone services through Verizon, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Sales Incentive Program, Employee Recruitment Incentive Program, discounted health club memberships;
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person's race, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers