ScienceMedia, an established leader in the growing life sciences e-learning space, headquartered in San Diego, CA is aggressively expanding its commercial capabilities with the addition of a Director of Clinical Sales role.
QR Code Link to This Post
ScienceMedia provides clinical and medical multimedia educational content to life science companies to enhance clinical competency throughout their organization. ScienceMedia’s 20+ year expertise and content is unrivaled in this sector and currently used by several world-class biopharma and contract research organizations. Core to this is ScienceMedia’s SMi Source™, an ever-expanding, cloud-based online library that enables subscribers to search and learn from over 16,000 interactive topics and hundreds of course. In other words, we teach complex science simply!
The Director of Clinical Sales is a full-time position and will provide action-oriented vision and leadership enabling the organization to achieve strategic sales objectives and profitability objectives. While contributing to the overall strategic direction of ScienceMedia’s sales initiatives, the Director of Clinical Sales has principal responsibilities for executing senior management’s approved sales plan, orchestrating key account deliverables, and assuring customer needs are clearly translated for internal operations staff.
The Director of Clinical Sales will report directly to the CEO of ScienceMedia and may have operational lines of responsibility to other management personnel. The position is San Diego-based which is desired, but remote-based employment for candidates strategically located near key biopharmaceutical and CRO markets is strongly preferred.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Assist the development of and drive the execution of the Annual Corporate Sales Plan, devise sales strategies that maximize market penetration and build agreed upon sales channels across the life sciences marketplace.
• Provide sales expertise sufficient to develop profitable proposals, negotiate deal and contract terms, and importantly, maximize closed sales contracts. The typical contract sizes will be $50k-150k and may vary from defined short-term projects to multi-year service contracts.
• Work closely with Marketing, Project Management, Operations, and Human Resources.
• Develop sales strategies to deliver superior customer experience which will drive loyalty, usage, and recommendation.
• Take on existing sales discussions and advance them to successful closure. Accept new lead development and introductions from other ScienceMedia staff with the objective of maturing such introductions into sales opportunities and then revenue-producing contracts.
• Provide regular updates to executive line management on progress and issues.
• Expand both awareness of ScienceMedia’s core competencies and capabilities with any known network which the person brings with them.
• Maintain an excellent understanding of ScienceMedia’s content and technology, capitalizing on existing contacts and relationships.
• Structure sales opportunities with creativity, sound business judgment, foresight and sense of urgency.
• As part of the management team, provide assistance and support for general corporate growth and integrity and represent the goals of the Company both internally and externally at all times.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders and external partners where possible.
• Effectively negotiate with current key customers and expand existing business footprint within those customer organizations.
• Serve as face of the company to life science customers.
• Assist in the company’s marketing plan development and execution including but not limited to: sales presentations, strategic sales and marketing messaging, website content development and positioning, marketing materials creation, and industry trade show and networking event participation and coordination.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited institution, MBA preferred.
• 5-7 years of experience as a seasoned, knowledgeable sales executive with demonstrated success in selling complex and conceptual products to clinical and CRO audiences within the Life Sciences industry.
• Strong understanding of the learning and development market, especially in Life Sciences.
• Ability to establish credibility and to be an influencer with pharmaceutical customers as well as with business partners and KOLs.
• Developed relationships with high level, decision-maker relationships in the pharma industry with a track record of working with emerging, innovative products and solutions.
• High energy performer with an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to sell into this industry and who operates as part of the team and whose enthusiasm inspires and motives teams, peers and customers
• Understanding of workforce development, training and marketing communications with a passion for educational technology
• Experience in working with emerging, innovative products
• Technologically adept with web, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and media technologies. This is considered core to operating in this arena.
• In-depth experience with sales methods, policies, processes and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to eventually effectively lead a consultative sales team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Competitive base compensation plus commissions and stock options
• PTO & paid holidays
• Medical and dental insurance coverage
• Educational Assistance project for continuing education
• T&E budget provided
• Ability to work remotely and when in headquarters maintain casual dress code
• Team-work environment