compensation: 15-18 Hourly wage is DOE and increases will be commensurate with additional skills along with expansion of technician-level tasks employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Laboratory and Vivarium Assistant – Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s lab
We are looking for a part-time laboratory assistant / technician to be part of the in vivo neurobiology group and contribute to preclinical (nonclinical) research programs aimed at the development of diagnostic and therapeutic treatments for neuro degenerative diseases. We are seeking someone with animal handling/animal care experience.
Vibrant and motivated candidates with BS, MS degrees, or upper division students majoring in the biological sciences are encouraged to apply.
Please attach resume with relevant work experience to email.
Location: La Jolla Cove, CA
• Animal handling experience - Rodents
• Knowledge of IACUC regulations, animal housing, and animal husbandry
• Experience with mouse breeding cycles, weaning, tagging and genotyping
• Demonstrated ability to follow a standard operating procedure
• Strong attention to detail
• Accurate recordkeeping
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Preparation of tissues for histology, fixatives and sectioning
• Hands-on experience with IP/IM/IV injections, sedation, surgery, analgesia, post-op care
• Hands-on experience with immunohistochemistry experiments
• DNA preparation, use of sterile technique
• PCR, accurate pipetting
• Hands-on experience in molecular biology - cloning
• Experience using standard laboratory equipment
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively communicate with other lab personnel
• Ordering and monitoring supply levels
Able to work Monday through Friday
Certification - ALAT, LAT
Bachelors or Associates degree in biology
Must pass a pre-employment background check, and drug screen
Hourly wage is DOE and increases will be commensurate with additional skills along with expansion of technician-level tasks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers