An Immediate position is available at a Sorrento Valley biotech company for a Laboratory Technician.
Product Dept (10am-2:30pm)
1)Review Product Orders
2)Package Product Orders
3)Ship Product Orders
4)Process any necessary paperwork and answer any e-mails as needed
5)Produce in-house assay kits by following SOPs.
Sequencing Lab/MaxiPrep Dept (3:30pm - 7pm)
1) Perform basic lab duties such as measuring concentrations and preparing dilutions on samples, assembling PCR reactions, running laboratory equipment, record keeping/paperwork, and various other lab tasks.
2) Assisting with processing of MaxiPrep orders
3) Various other tasks - may include but are not limited to: Cleaning of Lab Supplies, courier pick-up duties, etc.
Preferred - not required:
1)Bachelors in a science related field
2)Approx 3 months to 1 year of lab experience in an academic or work setting is preferred
3)Familiar with the use of pipettes (Will Be Tested)
4)Have SOME background knowledge with respect to PCR and Plasmids.(May be tested)
5)Customer Service Experience is a PLUS
6)Familiar with Recombinant DNA Techniques is a PLUS
1) Quick learner
2) VERY DETAIL ORIENTED/METICULOUS
3) Has excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
4) Computer Literate
5) Reliable, Accountable, Dependable
6) Sense of urgency
7) Can commit to a minimum of 1 year with the company.
8) Proactive, needs little guidance once trained
Mon-Fri: 10am - 7pm, no weekends.
Benefits: Company provided Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance after probationary period. 60% coverage by Employer, 40% coverage by Employee for Medical, Dental and Vision is 100% covered by Employer. There is also up to 80 hours of PTO in the first 3 years and up to 48 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year
Possibility for Growth depending on Company Needs first and then Employee Performance.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a schedule of availability to be considered for the position.
A copy of your DMV Driving record is also required by no later than the scheduled interview date.
NOTE: IF YOU CANNOT COME EVERY WORKING DAY, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers