compensation: Market-commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
OncoSec Medical Incorporated is a San Diego-based biotechnology company pioneering new technologies to stimulate the body's immune system to target and attack cancer. Through our proprietary technology, we hope to deliver safer and more effective cancer treatments that can provide long-term benefits for patients.
This position supports both the Discovery Research and Clinical Science groups on various preclinical and clinical projects. Supports Clinical Science by performing immune-based assays to analyze clinical samples including patient blood/PBMC, tissues and tumor. Supports Discovery Research with rodent and small animal handling, small animal imaging, carrying out biological procedures, and executing studies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with the processing, assay and analysis of clinical samples
• Develops immune-based assays to analyze clinical samples including patient blood/PBMC, tissues and tumor.
• Responsible for the maintenance of a clinical samples repository.
• Maintains clear and up-to-date notebook records of research objectives, methods, and results.
• Presents research within In Vitro and Clinical Science groups as needed.
• Supports In Vitro Biology through execution of molecular biology-based techniques used to generated and interrogate molecules related to OncoSec's cancer immunotherapies.
• Interacts with scientists and research associates on a regular basis to understand the needs and goals of the projects and help coordinate logistics of the research
• Maintains breeding and genotyping of mouse colonies
• Maintains animal census, conducts overall health checks and orders laboratory reagents
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant biological discipline
• 2-3 years' experience in an academic or pharmaceutical research setting in the following areas:
Research skills in molecular and cell biology techniques, including DNA, RNA and protein extraction and quantification techniques.
Experience with tissue culture, and immune-based assays such as ELISA, ELISPOT or flow cytometry is also desirable.
Experience with tissue collection and sample analysis
Experience with mouse handling and working in animal facilities and labs
In vivo tumor regression studies experience desirable
Tissue extraction and ex vivo experiments desirable
• Understanding of best practices in animal husbandry
• Ability to apply a large repertoire of bench skills while gaining hands-on experience in a fast-paced drug discovery laboratory.
• Able and willing to accept direction from senior group members and interact effectively within highly productive and agile research teams.
• Able to effectively share information and ideas within and outside of department in written or verbal form; able to put forth own ideas and gain understanding from others.
• Proficient at supporting effective interactions between team members and among cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate project priorities and resources and to produce high quality work.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent record-keeping skills.
• Adept at Microsoft Office applications.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers