The San Diego Architectural Foundation www.sdarchitecture.org a 501-c3 Non-Profit is looking for the right person to fill the unique, many-hats-wearing role of Administrator. The ideal candidate would have experience working in A/E/C Industry and be both big-picture and detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills. We are looking for a fun, passionate professional who loves to be part of a dynamic organization.
This role is a contract position working part-time +-12 hours per week commencing on or before December 1, 2019. The role will take primary direction from the SDAF President and Vice-President.
In this role you will have three primary tasks:
• Handle all incoming email daily. Re-route to the proper person or answer within 24 hours. Organizing and filing emails and following up on requests.
• Take all incoming calls – RingCentral is set up to route all calls through your cell phone. Approximately 4 calls a week (except 3 weeks prior to Orchids & Onions and Open House, then it is up to 10 calls a day).
• Check the E Street Post Office box weekly. Take photos/scanning important correspondence and forwarding out to the proper channels.
• Credit Card: Must obtain and track of every receipt for every charge.
• Work with the Treasurer to process all checks and payments, usually twice a month.
• Make all deposits manually at the bank.
• Issue invoices either manually with pdfs or through Wild Apricot.
• Understand an maintain the Square Reader technology
• Gather and organize all consultant invoices, mail out monthly.
• Keep track of Sponsors $$ for events. Issue invoices and receipts, track checks that come in, issue receipts to sponsors after events.
• Work with Grant consultant to track checks and correspondence, deliver important paperwork.
• Dropbox: Oversight to keep everything ‘easy to find’, manage security for logins, permissions, folders creations, following up after events to ensure that relevant documents are uploaded
• Work with the Treasurer and President to stay on top of all government, State and Federal form filings, insurance documents, resale certificates, Secretary of State forms, licenses, tax forms etc.
• Manage Wild Apricot database and memberships and event creation. Issue invoices, activate memberships, update records etc.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SUPPORT AND FOUNDATION COLLATORAL MANAGEMENT AND ARCHIVING
• Attend all ExCom and BOD meetings. First and Second Thursday of the month from 8-10am. Take highly detailed notes and type up BOD Minutes and ExCom Meeting Notes in timely manner. Research and follow up on action items as directed.
• Work with President and Vice-President to create Agendas for BOD and ExCom meetings.
• Gather and assemble all meeting materials. Create the two meeting packets each month.
• Gather and assemble New Board Member orientation packets, New Member Nominations, Director paperwork, Strategic Plan, keep Board Directory and Rosters current, keep on top of Director Terms documents, maintain Historical records and sheets, Annual Disclosure Statements, Articles of Incorporation, maintain the Leadership Org Chart, meeting schedules docs, Calendar of Events etc.
PROGRAMS, EVENT SUPPORT AND GEAR
• Work with Board Program Chairs to set up events, including venue research and quote gathering, contract negotiations, payments etc.
• Negotiate and secure venues and vendors
• Work the registrations table/info table, sign up new members, answer questions – be the ‘Face of SDAF’ at every event.
• File and gather ABC Permits and Fire Permits
• Handle event set up in Wild Apricot
• Handle registration and ticketing issues and problems
• Work with Site and Vendors to prep logistics
• Load up, transport, set up SDAF event-kit (gear box/canopy/table/ banners etc)
• Manage volunteers day of event
• Create name badges
• Event wrap up/pack it up/clean up/bring it all back to Storage
• Manage storage unit, keep clean and organized, secure.
• Manage all SDAF collateral and gear. Order, repair and maintain.
• Creating and Ordering all marketing materials (pins, shirts, banners, posters, pencils etc)
• Create marketing materials for events (sign-up sheets, name tags, program signage,
Volunteer sign-up sheets, etc).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple project simultaneously
• Proficiency with Wild Apricot or similar membership database software program
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Photoshop
• Minimum 2 years administrative experience with excellent writing skills
• Experience working with non-profits preferred
• Program and event management experience a plus
This is a part-time independent contractor position, budgeted for approx. 50 hours/month, $20/hour. . Administrative Assistant will be expected to provide his/her own work space and tools, including computer, printer, and cell phone. Office supplies and other approved work-related expenses such as mileage and printing will be reimbursed.
Submit resume, relevant work samples (up to 3), and cover letter by 12:00 noon on Friday, November 22, 2019 to: Margit@sdarchitecture.org. In the subject line, write “SDAF Administrative Assistant” followed by your last name.
Anticipated start date is December 1, 2019.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities