compensation: $27-30, based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Alpha Project-Temporary Bridge Shelter
The Supervising Case Manager is responsible for creating a positive and empathetic environment in which to oversee the day-to-day activities of individual Case Managers, providing subordinate staff with the necessary support and training in addition to providing homeless individuals and families with connections to appropriate housing, programs and resources through one-on-one case management that develop individualized case plans that promote client progression towards obtaining and maintain self-sufficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors and evaluates the work product of staff to include policies and procedures, caseload assignments, client interactions, interventions and documentation of services.
• Assures direct report staff receive initial and periodic training necessary to meet their job expectations
• Creates and communicates work schedules and staff meetings
• Conducts employee coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions as necessary.
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws and regulations.
• Performs intake interviews, assessments and refers clients to appropriate community resources
• Assesses the client's needs, and arranges, coordinates, monitors, evaluates, and advocates
• for a variety of services to meet those complex needs.
• Assesses clients for employment, social security and disability insurance eligibility.
• Assists clients in identifying, enrolling and attending appropriate medical, substance abuse and therapeutic services.
• Develops, implements and monitors client progress in executing individualized housing, financial and self-sufficiency plans.
• Develops and maintains a productive case management relationship with the client, and meets with clients on a weekly or more frequent basis to review, evaluate and support completion of individualized action plans, and address unanticipated needs/ issue's as they arise.
• Provides ongoing intensive support to clients which can include periodic evaluations, service coordination and crisis intervention.
• Prepares, presents and documents client cases.
• Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that review client cases and develops action plans that meet the individual needs of each client.
• Maintains case management documentation using HMIS in accordance with agency and best standard practices.
• Maintains documentation of trainings, budgets, housing contracts, client contracts and other pertinent information in accordance with agencies best practices.
• Completes accurate, thorough and typed progress notes in a timely manner
• Uses case management software to document and keep all client activities up to date.
*Performs other duties as assigned
• Understanding of Housing First, Trauma Informed Care, Conflict Resolution, Motivational Interviewing, Low Barrier Operations and Prevention and Diversion practices.
• Theory, principles and practices of homeless housing interventions, social services, case management, eviction prevention, shelter diversion, and crisis intervention.
• Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes, regulations, and departmental policies and procedures.
• Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation.
• Research, statistical, analytical and reporting methods, techniques and procedures.
• Modem office practices including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
• Professional team building and training techniques
• Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignment, review and evaluation, and the training of staff in work procedures
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants, current and former clients, landlords and other matters affecting tenant relations.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
• Effectively problem-solve and maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
• Analyze, interpret, summarize and present administrative, technical and analytic data in an effective manner.
• Make accurate arithmetic, financial, and statistical computations.
• Utilize strong interpersonal skills and critical thinking to resolve staff conflicts
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and/or experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of the assigned employment classification.
• Master's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in healthcare, psychology, sociology, social work, public administration, or a related field, and two (2) years of applicable job experience, or
• Bachelor's Degree with a focus on healthcare, psychology, sociology, social work, public administration, or a related field and four (4) years of applicable job experience.
• Possess mobility to work in an office setting and use stand office equipment
• Vision, hearing and speech to effectively communicate in person and over the phone.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and completed application. To obtain an employment application visit our website at www.alphaproject.org. Select the About tab then select Employment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers