compensation: $19 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Vista Hill is all about serving people: the individuals; families; and communities of San Diego County. As a dynamic community-based organization, we develop and maintain a diverse array of quality services and programs throughout the County.
Our programs range from brief early intervention and preventive work with troubled young people, to treatment with school age kids, to long-term special education and training for individuals with developmental disabilities. We can be found assisting families in very difficult situations in many of our communities large and small, rural and suburban. You will see our caring staff working with challenging populations that most other agencies shy away from in areas that are conveniently located to the people we serve.
The Staff Accountant I/Accounts Payable position fills a vital role. As a nonprofit institution with many different programs and funding sources, this position must be extremely detail-oriented with a full understanding of full cycle accounting procedures. Reporting to the company Controller, this position handles the books for several programs as well as general AP tasks. An example of tasks include:
• Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned facilities in a timely manner.
• Accurately prepare and input into computerized system the monthly recurring and adjusting journal entries in accordance with a financial statement deadline schedule or as designated by monthly calendar.
• Coordinate balancing of inter-company accounts with other staff accountants by eighth work day of each month.
• Completely and accurately generate supporting documentation for the following journal entries: management fees' allocation, inter-company charges of salaries and employee benefits, payroll accruals, employee benefit allocations, expense accruals and interest income in accordance with schedule and any miscellaneous journal entries assigned by Controller and/or Accounting Manager.
• Prepare a monthly analysis of the F/S in comparison to budget amounts.
• Balance cash summary report with bank statements and general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Assist in the input, maintenance, and reconciliation of general ledger balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare monthly county billings per the contractual due date and maintaining billing accuracy to meet all contract compliance issues.
• Design, utilize and maintain computer spreadsheets as needed and in accordance with project guidelines.
• Assists with miscellaneous requests by Department managers.
• Prepares monthly and yearly audit work papers and account analysis as required by the audit program and its required deadlines.
• Accurately prepares employee benefit reports in accordance with established procedures.
• Performs Accounts Payable functions for assigned companies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting with 3 years of experience or 5 years' experience without a degree.
• Experience with full cycle Account Payable.
• Experience with Sage 300, ABRA, or Platinum for Windows preferred.
• Advanced proficiency with excel and generally accepted accounting principles.
Work hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
This position receives full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (vacation and sick leave), paid holidays, and employer-paid pension. See below for more details on employer benefits.