compensation: $14 - $16/ per hour DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Meeting Place Clubhouse, Inc. is dedicated to the social, educational and vocational rehabilitation of men and women with mental health disorders and co-occurring disorders. The Peer Support Specialist position requires flexibility, team work and strong time management skills. Members and staff work side-by-side in the running of the Clubhouse. Work is the central tool in helping our members with their recovery.
Much of what we do is assist our members with daily living skills. We are looking for someone who will work alongside our members and assist them with their recovery goals.
We have a position available in our kitchen/café/fitness center unit. The Peer Support Specialist/Clubhouse Generalist works alongside members to support our clerical/business Unit. Additionally, the role includes working one-on-one with members' goal setting and follow up, assisting with health and wellness activities and daily living skills. This position requires flexibility, team work and strong time management skills. This is a part-time, non-exempt positions. The Meeting Place is an equal opportunity employer.
• Completed or able to complete Peer Employment Training through Recovery Innovations within 3 months of hire
• Must have lived Mental Health experience and/or gone through drug/alcohol recovery
• Experience working in an administrative/clerical setting
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Has a passion for teaching and is extremely patient
• Has strong computer skills
• Is detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Is not afraid to get his/her hands dirty
• Is outgoing and enthusiastic about his/her work
• Must be able to work at a fast pace in a fast paced/active environment
• Valid Class C driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation
• Background, TB and drug testing prior to hire
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Highly reliable with a strong work ethic
• High energy with a positive attitude
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilize Peer Support training and skills to encourage, inspire and motivate members
• Engage members in meaningful Clubhouse work during the work-ordered day
• Responsible for creating and managing a full and engaging work-ordered day in co-operation with unit partner
For more information about our Clubhouse we request that you check out www.clubhouse-intl.org and www.themeetingplaceinc.org prior to applying for this position.
When applying for this position, please include your resume, a cover letter and whether or not you have completed Peer Employment Training through Recovery Innovations. If a cover letter is not included, you will not be eligible for the available position.
Compensation: $14-$16.00/hr with excellent benefit plan that includes: paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers