compensation: $18 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Vista Hill Bridges North Central Regional Recovery Center (RRC) provides nonresidential alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment and recovery services to Transition Age Youth (TAY) (18-25 y.o.), adults (26-59 y.o.) and older adults (60 y.o. and above) with alcohol and other drug-induced problems, including co-occurring mental health disorders. The Bridges RRC designed for adults seeking to make the personal changes necessary to live a clean & sober productive life. The structured treatment services provide the individual with counseling and support components that include case management services, individualized treatment and recovery plans, weekly group meetings & vocational assistance and aftercare follow-up services.
The program offers the recovery knowledge ad tools to rebuild a healthy lifestyle. The program’s required participation is based on assessment and includes an initial diagnostic assessment. Clinical staff includes a licensed and licensed eligible mental health clinician, certified drug and alcohol counselors, Vocational Counselor, Outreach Workers and a consulting psychiatrist.
Program services are offered in North Central San Diego Area.
The Homeless Outreach Specialist is responsible for outreach to the homeless in north central geographic region of the regional recovery center. The Homeless Outreach Specialist will be responsible for creating opportunities and promoting success for recovery to members of the region. This position will work with high risk adult parole/ probation population and must be available to work schedules that may include day; evening and weekends to best meet the needs of the population served.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with local homeless shelters, law enforcement and other homeless outreach organizations that operate within the region.
· Responsible for intake and case management of homeless individuals entering the regional recovery center, and will monitor progress throughout their treatment.
· Help client transition smoothly and develop an individual recovery/treatment plan.
· Via working relationships within the community, the Homeless Outreach Specialist will make referrals to other agencies/organizations when appropriate.
· Must be a certified chemical dependency counselor or working toward a recognized State of California Alcohol and Drug certification.
· May also possess a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and a State of California Alcohol and Drug certification.
· Individuals possessing a Bachelor's degree must have one year of experience working with the homeless and alcohol and drug related issues/addiction.
· Certified chemical dependency counselors without a Bachelor's Degree must have two years of experience working with the homeless and alcohol and drug related issues/addictions.
· Must offer certain linguistic, gender, cultural and ethnic specific skills: must be able to work with culturally diverse population.
· Must be free of parole and probation for at least one year.
· Must have a valid California driver's license and a clean driving record.
· Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screening.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
This position receives full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (vacation and sick leave), paid holidays, and employer-paid pension.