compensation: per project, dependent on experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
YourBestDigs.com is a product review website that does REAL testing of a variety of home, kitchen, garden, and garage products. We're looking for a ongoing freelance photographer who lives in or near Downtown San Diego who can help with product photography. The photographer would be required to pick up products from our Downtown San Diego office, take photos at their home or studio, then return the products to us.
Each project ranges from 12 to 16 final images being published. Pay will depend on your experience and difficulty of each project. You can check out the requirements for each photo set, which is separated by post on our site at YourBestDigs.com.
- A professional camera and lens setup - no cell phone pictures. Lenses need to be wide enough to shoot in a home and maintain shallow DOF at times. Let us know what equipment you use.
- A reliable car or source of transportation to pick up and drop off products. Please let us know the vehicle size you have: sedan, suv, etc.
- A well-lit and spacious kitchen, living room, yard, and/or studio for photographing products in a natural setting. E.g: don't photograph bbq grills in the kitchen or bedroom. This will also mean having a really outdated looking home interior/exterior will not be good for photos, so please let us know. This also means less sterile, and less staged looking photos are encouraged.
- Editing skills and the ability to process photos in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Availability to photograph at least 1 or 2 photo sets per week
- An understanding and ability to shoot with both natural and artificial light, and knowing when to use each
- A studio setup to shot on a table, or all white. This will only be a plus in addition to in-home/natural setting photos. A studio will not typically replace that.
- Lighting equipment
- The ability to film short video clips and ability to process them into GIFs
If you are interested in applying, please:
1. Check out our photos on YourBestDigs.com and describe to us the style you see in/with our photos. Additionally, let us know how you would achieve a similar or better look. We're open to other style variations, but the minimum technical ability and professional look must be there.
2. Send us relevant product photography samples, portfolio, and resume, or shoot sample product photos for this application.
3. Let us know about all the bullet points in the "Application Requirements" section and how you match them and the ones in the Extra Skills sections.
4. Include the phrase "Your Best Product Photographer" in the email subject line
Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for applying!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers