compensation: Depending on Experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1235 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school's mission is "to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world".
Overlooking Mission Valley, two separate campuses serve students in Lower School - junior kindergarten through 5th grade; Middle School - 6th grade through 8th grade and Upper School - 9th grade through 12th grade. As a college preparatory school Parker offers a comprehensive program that includes twenty-five advanced placement courses as well as a rich palette of electives - all designed to meet the individual needs of our students.
Working closely with the Director of Communications, the incumbent is a proven communications specialist who can develop and manage a variety of communications and public relations projects. This is a temporary, short-term position, beginning mid-to-late April and continuing approximately through the end of September.
• Develop and implement communications, public relations and promotional campaigns to advance the School's strategic initiative goals (i.e., brand management and core values)
• Manage project meetings with clients, colleagues and consultants to plan, review and deliver high-quality projects on time and within budget
• Content management for a variety of platforms including website, social media and email
• Support to senior management, faculty, staff with web and online communications
• Reputation management and media monitoring
• Crisis communications response and support
• Share administrative duties with other team members
• Other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 2 years' experience in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related field
• Experienced in researching, developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and communications campaigns
• Current knowledge of social media platforms and current communications technology with ability to demonstrate best practices
• Proven project management skills and ability to drive a project from concept to completion
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Acute attention to detail, accuracy, grammar and punctuation
• Organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow
• Highly motivated, productive and deadline oriented
• Good judgment, tact, diplomacy and ability to guard confidentiality
Skilled in use of:
• Microsoft Office Suite
• OnProduct software
• Adobe InDesign (required)
• Photoshop or other Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
• Online content management systems, WordPress a plus
• Social media monitoring software such as Tweetdeck or Hootsuite
• Working knowledge of HTML
Salary and Benefits:
This is a Full-Time (40 hours per week) temporary position, beginning mid-to-late April and continuing approximately through the end of September. This position is not eligible for benefits. Pay rate commensurate with experience.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter and resume should be submitted electronically to:
Lori Foote, Director of Communications
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers