compensation: DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Events, marketing and membership management for trade association and vocational school. Primary duties include event coordination, content generation, marketing collateral, project management, database management, communications, membership acquisition and retention.
Support and promote monthly events including member meetings, fundraisers, educational seminars and training, job fairs, galas and trade shows. Coordinate online marketing and print campaigns including but not limited to fliers, email marketing, videos, presentations and website content. Coordinate venues and vendors. Input and manage information in CRM.
This part-time position will evolve into a full-time for the candidate who can develop and manage new training and fundraising programs.
DUTIES – Events and Marketing
• Coordinate all aspects of monthly events including promotion, content generation, email campaigns, collateral, online marketing and public relations,
• Liaison between staff, event committee and board member assigned to specific events
• Coordinate venue & vendor details
• Forward-plan events, 3-14 months out
• Coordinate and participate in event committee meetings
• Content generation and coordination to print and online formats
• Solicit for fundraising, sponsorships & raffle/silent auction items
• Create and assemble event-specific material (badges, invitations, fliers, programs, signage)
• Manage online social media posts and schedule
• Manage graphic files, create banners and support member marketing needs
• Assist with event wrap up and budget summary; managing billing and expenses
• Represent the company at events in a professional manner
• Lift items & coordinate transportation of supplies to/from venues (lifting of up to 40 pounds)
• Office administration including answering phones, filing, event inventory management
• Additional duties related to the job description as assigned by supervisor
DUTIES – Membership and Administration
• Manage member onboarding process for acquisition and retention
• Input and maintain member, prospect and vendor information in company’s CRM
• Compile and publish regular member news stories, newsletter and online content
• Order and send new member resources and materials including stickers, certificates, brochures
• Assist Executive Director with membership and marketing tasks as requested
• Answering phones, scheduling, filing
• Inventory / merchandise management
Experience in managing events, marketing, project management, CRMs and social media required. Excellence in customer service/account management, organizational skills, verbal and written communication, and detail-oriented a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher preferred. Working experience with
WordPress, InDesign, Adobe Suite and Hootsuite a plus.
• 1-3 years event / marketing experience
• 1-3 years of experience working with member-based or subscription models
• 1-2 years WordPress experience and social media experience
• 2-3 years database experience
• High school diploma required; college classes / degree preferred
• Microsoft Office proficient, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher
• Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Personable with ability to accommodate a fast pace job
• When planned in advanced, able to work some evenings or on a Saturday as needed
• Permanent, 20 hours per week, flexible schedule
• Can quickly grow to full time for candidate who can create and manage new programs
• $18-$20 per hour, depends on experience
The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC) of San Diego was founded in 1892 and is part of the oldest trade association in the nation. We are a member-based organization in collaboration with state and national offices, and partner with a local vocational trade school for the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Industry. Visit us at www.phccsd.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers